hello from colorful Colorado

hello everyone I have been a admirer of The Long Dark  for 3 years. I say admirer because I've never actually played The Long Dark and watch youtubers like greystillplays and Accurize2 play The Long Dark because I don't have a gaming platform that has the game. mostly because I am a teenager and my parents don't want to be one of those kids who's playing video games 24/7. my favorite map is Mystery lake. and my favorite location is the forestry lookout, probably because I don't live too far from a actual fire lookout that I like to hike in Colorado. I've always been a fan of the game because of so many things like the ambient survival soundtrack that plays while your surviving the quiet apocalypse or how realistic it is or maybe it's because of how many interesting locations there are and how close it resembles my state during winter. anyways i'm new to the forums and just wanted to say hello

Edited by Ghost-0f-Kiev
added tag

4 minutes ago, Ghost-0f-Kiev said:

but usually when your going to forlorn muskeg your just passing through to get to broken railroad, milton, bleak inlet or mystery lake because otherwise there's nothing there

Not in my case. Read the whole story here: https://hinterlandforums.com/forums/topic/41934-the-tales-of-king-arthur’s-brave-knights/page/5/#comment-239664

So, it is 50 days in the ‘Keg or bust, and I am really enjoying the challenge.

Edited by conanjaguar

17 minutes ago, Ghost-0f-Kiev said:

I remember gray once he said " so hinterland is going to give me a gift for supporting there game, It's probably just going to be a years worth supply of cattail stalks"

That would be hilarious. I'm watching Gray right now, playing story mode. He mentions there that he got a shirt from Hinterland and some other stuff. I think it was a nice present, as I see a lot of people on the forum that watch Gray. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

@Iriskl

A shirt and coffee cup from Hinterland would be grand! Hopefully when the store reopens later, that wish will be granted.

Yeah indeed! I read somewhere on the forum that the developers hope to open the store again later this year. Already scared of the shipping costs to the Netherlands, but really looking forward to buy some merch!

On 7/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, Ghost-0f-Kiev said:

I remember gray once he said " so hinterland is going to give me a gift for supporting there game, It's probably just going to be a years worth supply of cattail stalks"

Hinterland can come pick them up. They tend to grow like crazy by the highway!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...