A new Community Challenge: Neo-Native.

Gun Tech.

I have shared this on Twitch and Facebook, and would like to know if players in the Hinterland Forums Community are also interested.

The challenge is proposed for the month of September, it can be completed multiple times on any and all difficulties (Nogoa is added) and the winners will be chosen from those who complete it, have left stores of food, and hunted actively. The trophy is that most coveted of prizes, admiration in the eyes of your fellows.

The rules are easy: You may only use crafted items.

Details here -> https://tinyurl.com/Neo-Native 

image.thumb.jpeg.118251a66fd8c11398f648da762f9cf8.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Gun Tech. said:

I have shared this on Twitch and Facebook, and would like to know if players in the Hinterland Forums Community are also interested.

The challenge is proposed for the month of September, it can be completed multiple times on any and all difficulties (Nogoa is added) and the winners will be chosen from those who complete it, have left stores of food, and hunted actively. The trophy is that most coveted of prizes, admiration in the eyes of your fellows.

The rules are easy: You may only use crafted items.

Details here -> https://tinyurl.com/Neo-Native 

image.thumb.jpeg.118251a66fd8c11398f648da762f9cf8.jpeg

Game on!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 1:42 AM, conanjaguar said:

This will be TOUGH! 

@Gun Tech.

Is it okay if I post my tries for this here?

When you finish a run or runs you should submit them in the Facebook thread (direct link in the Challenge document). Submissions are only for picking the winners on Oct 2. But of course you can share progress here! :) 

Edited by Gun Tech.

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up, I have just extended the challenge through October to allow players to have time for multiple runs + have a life, and also for some fellow streamers to finish their current challenge run and start this one. I felt very stressed by the deadline vs. work, and I hope this makes the challenge possible for more players!

I seem unable to edit the original post, but I have modified the challenge document to reflect this.

Edited by Gun Tech.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Game over on day 22/23. Drank a can of soda... (and didn't realize the violation until after I overwrote my save). Now, there's not enough hours left in November (for me) to do a restart. So this run of mine will not compete, it's violated but I will play on to find out if the challenge is achievable on Interloper.

But for others, I'm looking for ideas to be able to "pay" for a minor mistake like this (consuming a Modern food item). The best I've come up with is to burn 25kg of harvested meat (this will affect the rank of runs within the same difficulty - and you will also need to spend calories watching your food burn, and to actively hunt to compensate).

I will add this to the rules now (very late) in order to allow other runs to be saved for submission. But I'm listening to ideas about a more suitable punishment (that doesn't open up the possibility of abuse).