My fanart and my story

I realy like this work ☺️ I did it with love because I`m a real fan of this game.

Thanks for the developers for the unique atmosphere of the game.

Art made in December 2021.

Time: 5 hours 30 min.

Original size: 160 x 122 px.

In December 2020, on New Year's Eve, I got very sick. Most likely it was a coronavirus with back complications. Since December 28, I couldn't walk.
I couldn't escape the pain, the only thing that helped me was playing The long dark. 
I wouldn't let the joystick out of my hands and played around the clock. The game and peanut butter toast, nothing else.
The saddest part was that it was the holidays. I just closed large-scale projects at work, it was really hard for me. Maybe it wasn't the coronavirus that made me sick, but the stress of work.
And the only weekend I spent in bed. But despite being very sick, the ambulance, I was at home. At home with my husband and my cat. And I was spending time playing my favorite game. It was still beautiful. 
I'm very thankful for this game because the illness was really hard. And it's that moment when forgetting yourself in the game is a blessing. 
A year later, I drew this art, inspired by someone else's screenshot.
Three months later, I quit my job. I moved to another country. And now I paint.
Life is unpredictable. 
I'm posting this story in the community. And it's still not the end of the story.

I have a little blog on instagram: cottagewithgarden. I'd be happy to support it. Thanks to everyone who read the story!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Иллюстрация_без_названия.png

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1