weapon attachments

Ghost-0f-Kiev

one of the things that I would add to the game would be something like a rifle scope that you could put on your rifle, or a red dot that you could put on the revolver, maybe a silencer that you can put on both the hunting rifle and revolver. there are also other ranged weapons that I would add like a crossbow or a semi-automatic rifle like a AR-15 or a M14 or some thing like that.

12 minutes ago, Ghost-0f-Kiev said:

one of the things that I would add to the game would be something like a rifle scope that you could put on your rifle, or a red dot that you could put on the revolver, maybe a silencer that you can put on both the hunting rifle and revolver. there are also other ranged weapons that I would add like a crossbow or a semi-automatic rifle like a AR-15 or a M14 or some thing like that.

This sounds a bit too much like Crysis. Which was a great game, I won’t deny , but I don’t think that weapon attachments would fit on any of the weapons in TLD. These days, guns have rails to attach scopes, sights, flashlights, and such. 

However, a semiautomatic rifle doesn’t sound like it would be too overpowered. Perhaps a vintage M1 Garand left over from World War II? It would not be so far-fetched, since the default rifle is a Lee-Enfield, which British soldiers took through both world wars.

24 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

but I don’t think that weapon attachments would fit on any of the weapons in TLD. These days, guns have rails to attach scopes, sights, flashlights, and such. 

However, a semiautomatic rifle doesn’t sound like it would be too overpowered. Perhaps a vintage M1 Garand left over from World War II? It would not be so far-fetched, since the default rifle is a Lee-Enfield, which British soldiers took through both world wars.

I'm not saying that TLD should go all out on tactical. i'm just saying a scope for hunting from a distance would be nice. and a silencer for when dealing with timber wolves is a great idea so you can go stealth without alerting the whole pack. I like how you agree with me with a semi auto rifle wouldn't be to over powered because a M1 garand would work well and that the MK III enfield rifle is the TLD's hunting rifle. I'm a huge history buff when it comes to WW2 so I know a lot about guns and tanks and stuff like that. this kid went all out on tactical

Screenshot 2022-07-15 3.12.20 PM.png

Edited by Ghost-0f-Kiev
forgot something
  • Upvote 1

@Ghost-0f-Kiev

1 hour ago, Ghost-0f-Kiev said:

a scope for hunting from a distance would be nice.

While I admit, that would be grand, there are some drawbacks. The current rifle wobbles. A LOT. And when zoomed in by, let’s say, a 4x magnification scope, it will wobble that much more. A new rifle would need to be added, with a built-in scope.

1 hour ago, Ghost-0f-Kiev said:

a silencer for when dealing with timber wolves is a great idea so you can go stealth without alerting the whole pack

While not a bad idea, a silencer would be incompatible with the weapons currently in TLD. For example, with the revolver, the noise comes from the firing cylinder, or something like that.

On 7/15/2022 at 4:34 PM, conanjaguar said:

@Ghost-0f-Kiev

While I admit, that would be grand, there are some drawbacks. The current rifle wobbles. A LOT. And when zoomed in by, let’s say, a 4x magnification scope, it will wobble that much more. A new rifle would need to be added, with a built-in scope.

another good thing that they could add could be a bipod or shooting sticks to help stabilize the rifle. even though the current hunting rifle doesn't have tactical rails, there are bipods that just use screws to attach to the rifle. and you can crouch to go prone when using a rifle with a bipod 

11 minutes ago, Ghost-0f-Kiev said:

another good thing that they could add could be a bipod or shooting sticks to help stabilize the rifle. even though the current hunting rifle doesn't have tactical rails, there are bipods that just use screws to attach to the rifle. and you can crouch to go prone when using a rifle with a bipod 

Now, this might actually work. A (craftable?) bipod would not be too overpowered, as the reduced wobble would be somewhat balanced by the added weight, and you would have to set up a firing position in advance.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2022 at 4:33 PM, Ghost-0f-Kiev said:

The red dot wouldn't work, due to the EMP effects of the Aurora. Plus, what bozo would have a red dot in the Canadian wilderness?

The revolver literally cannot be silenced, as it does not have a gas-seal system.

The devs have said that they do not want to add any more weapons, as they don't want players constantly running around with a gun in their hands.