Time to Wildlife Respawn: # of days for Medium vs Very High?

SmokyRawSauce

My overall goal is to give myself an incentive/force myself to explore and hunt in the other regions rather than just squatting in ML till the end of time. My hope is by setting "time to wildlife respawn" to very high that I would deplete the local populace enough where I have to 'move on' to stay fed as I'll be using the Hunger Revamped mod as well.

I was just curious if there was any kind of metric or data out there to give me an idea of how long 'very high' actually is? I understand there are factors such as wildlife respawn chance coupled with how often a specific animal has been killed, so the answer may not be straight forward. It also seems Moose spawns are fairly random but other wildlife may have 'fixed days'?

Example of the type of data I'm looking for. Lets say for a Bear: 
Medium = (30 days * (spawn_chance + last_time_killed, etc.)
Very High = (70-90 days * (spawn_chance + last_time_killed, etc.)

If this data doesn't exist then I'll find out soon enough either way :D 

Also, all wildlife respawns are region specific correct? (The animals I kill in ML should not directly affect the animals in FM), right?

Thank you!

Guest jeffpeng

Frankly playing a normal interloper game wildlife diminishes enough over time that you will have to eventually move around if you do not play with starvation. I guess setting those too extreme could mean that all you do is move around, from the start of the game, and even then you'll have a hard time after you "ate" the island.

18 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

Frankly playing a normal interloper game wildlife diminishes enough over time that you will have to eventually move around if you do not play with starvation. I guess setting those too extreme could mean that all you do is move around, from the start of the game, and even then you'll have a hard time after you "ate" the island.

You know you're probably right, to be fair I typically stop playing after ~120 days of my interloper game due to boredom (e.g. doing starvation/bare minimum to get by). Thankfully that will change with Hunger Revamped and other mods. But yeah it was recently I read in some comments that it was actually after day 100ish the AMOUNT of wildlife thins out and starts the minimum amount of animals that would be spawned (right?). Needless to say I'm very much looking forward to my next run as things should get a lot more interesting :D

On 7/15/2022 at 2:04 PM, conanjaguar said:

@SmokyRawSauce

I tend not to tinker very much with custom settings, as I am striving to get all my Feats, so I would not know. However, I believe @Timber Wolf is (or was) the master at gathering and charting The Long Data. He probably would know.

Ah ah yes, good luck on the feats conquest! Do you believe its shameful using a mod letting you get feats while in custom mod? and ... @Timber Wolfyou say? I would love nothing more than to break bread with one who loves to consume intel as much as I do! I'll reach out if needed, I thank you all for your input and insight :D

The Long Data 👌:coffee:

Guest jeffpeng
45 minutes ago, SmokyRawSauce said:

But yeah it was recently I read in some comments that it was actually after day 100ish the AMOUNT of wildlife thins out and starts the minimum amount of animals that would be spawned (right?).

Around that time, yeah. I would tentatively confirm that. But things start to become scarce around day 50 already if you limit yourself to a fairly small area and, well, do not employ starvation. I mean:

46 minutes ago, SmokyRawSauce said:

Thankfully that will change with Hunger Revamped and other mods.

You don't technically need a mod for that. In fact: the Well Fed mechanic is deceptively effective and powerful. I've done a couple of short Pseudo-Interloper runs (Interloper, but choice of starting region) a while back, all of them starting at the same spot in Desolation Point. Did 3 runs using starvation, the 3 runs not using starvation. The objective was always to climb TWM and then craft a bow and a knife (which I consider the end of Interloper early game). I was significantly faster in all 3 runs actually eating like a normal human being.

I attribute this to the fact that you do not only move faster since you are less slowed down due to overweight, but also that you do not lose 1% condition per hour 14 to 16 hours a day and hence need less rest and/or can play more loose with other factors of condition loss. So, after being a long standing critic of the Well Fed mechanic I realized that it is actually basically a wink that it's beneficial to play the game this way, and not starving yourself to success.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:23 PM, conanjaguar said:

‘It’s a shameful act unbecoming of a Knight.

Yes sir 😔

@jeffpengI like your style. Yeah I eventually found out starving yourself made the game too easy. My last run I was all like "I won't eat ruined meat, yeah that will make a difference!"... It didn't make a difference. Like you said I wouldn't need a mod to keep stuffing my face per-say, still I like the concept that Hunger Revamped recognizes and awards the player via long calorie storage (e.g. a stat I can work on for several in-game weeks). Either way good on you to implement self discipline to not let yourself starve! 

• 5 weeks later...