Javelin Mod!

maamx

I would like to give a mod suggestion here.

→Javelins!←

- Maybe with an upscaled model of arrow or a downscaled bearspear (YEAH!)
- Craftable with 2 or 3 Arrowheads + 1 Arrow shaft, feathers of course, results in 1 throwable bearspear
- reasonably hard to throw, without the range or precision of arrows, but massive dmg and bleeding
- maybe a spear-thrower / Atlatl to improve stats!

I would love it!

Thank you for listening.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng

Considering that the spear / javelin is the most basic human weapon and pretty much the first thing I'd fashion myself if I found myself in any kind of survivalist conundrum .... I absolutely second this.

It would make more sense to implement the Bear Spear into the game. The spear has been called the king of weapons, and with good reason--it has offensive and defensive capabilities both up close and at range. You can slash with the tip, or strike with the butt. You can set it vs. charge (how it works in Story mode) or thrust it like a knife. You can block and deflect, and in a pinch throw it as a ranged weapon.

The spear is king.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I second the javelin suggestion. With only tow changes. It would be craftable, but not with arrowheads. It should be craftable with javelin head. This head would have to be forged. And for the shaft I would use the whole birch sapling to craft javelin shaft.

• Upvote 1