Any ideas for new feats?

A Lamp

10 feats seems alot, specially if the max you can take is 5. But more variety would be awesome, so i came with some ideas for new feats.

-Pack mule: Unlocked after walking 500 km with your inventory being encumbered by 50% or more (+45Kg)

Grants a permanent 2.5 or 5 kg increase for your inventory.

-Expert harvester: Unlocked after harvesting 100 furnitures

Increses the quantity of material gained by 25%

-Thick skinned: Unlocked after surviving and/or winning 100 struggles with wolfs, bears and mooses.

Grants a permanent 5% protection.

Brawler: Unlocked after winning 150 struggles with wolfs.

Increases the efficiency of all weapons you can use during a struggle (hands included) by 15%

-Last Resort: Unlocked after surviving 100 days with only 10% or less condition

Allows you to cheat death once. Basically if you end up in a fatal wolf struggle, bleed to death, fall to death, etc... Rathen dying you would only faint, waking up with 10% condition and all the affliction you had and/or gained with an addition of dizziness. After that the feat become useless for the rest of the sandbox.

That's where my creativity stops. By reading all the feats and buffs they offer, they seems to be more ''for fun'' rathen for usefulness in surviving in the wilderness, but it never hurts having few more feats in the game i guess?

• Upvote 2

Personally I wouldn't mind some negative feats like Slow Healer or Out of Shape. I also think the negative ones should be unlocked by default so I wouldn't need to grind away, wasting my time so I could play the game in a way I wanted.

• Upvote 1

I'd have had pack mule after five minutes 😁. I'm never underweight except for the first day on a run.  

Harvester would be more useful on the harder levels.  

Maybe the fire reward could be revamped.  It's a lot of fires for a one time per run reward. 

5 hours ago, APixelatedLemon said:

Sneaky Beaky 

Unlocked by successfully hunting 200 animals that were unaware of you presence.

Effect would be animals are 20% less aware of you, making sneaking up to them easier.

That I like!🙂.  It's very hard to get anywhere near them on pilgrim without tweaking the settings.

13 hours ago, odizzido said:

Personally I wouldn't mind some negative feats like Slow Healer or Out of Shape. I also think the negative ones should be unlocked by default so I wouldn't need to grind away, wasting my time so I could play the game in a way I wanted.

That's actually very interesting, feats that will make your game harder. I like that idea.

Also something like a random feat selector would be nice, specially if negative feats are present. Plus it would make us use those feats we barely choose. (personally i never took book smart after i got atleast 3-4 feats, it's just really not much worth 10% more xp in skills when reading books, with the addition of making it useless in the late game.)

Lycanthrope:

You have shed the blood of so many wolves that some of it will always remain inside you.

Passive effects: You fill up the struggle bar 15% faster against wolves, and have a 33% chance of being able to fight back against a bear or moose (non-fatal). You also inflict 20% more damage with melee weapons, and have a 10% greater chance of dropping the wolf outright during a struggle. 

Full Moon effects: You move 20% faster, have 15% more stamina, +10% condition, and a +5C warmth bonus, in addition to the above.

Combine with Darkwalker to be nearly invincible at night!

Edited by conanjaguar
Typo
  • Upvote 4

-Mountaineer: 

Climb for a total of X amount of hours or X amount of distance. Climbing now consumes 20% less energy and you take 10% less damage when falling (or something along those lines). 

-Cartographer:

Fully map X amount of regions OR complete the faithful cartographer achievement to unlock. You can map ~20% more area at once when mapping. 

-Quick Learner (terrible name lol): 

Complete the Skilled Survivor achievement. You gain ~5-10% more experience in all skills. 

A couple ideas that would be cool. If these feats were added I would definitely use them. I could see DLCs coming with new feats.

Edited by Pencil
  • Upvote 3

Master Chef:

You have cooked 100 food items.

All your survivors now start with Level 3 Cooking, as well as being able to make soups and other simple recipes.

Herbalist:

You have harvested and prepared 300 usable plants.

From now on, natural crafting recipes use 25% less of the required ingredients. Hot tea will also warm you for 50% longer.

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Sorry I'm not too imaginative but something to make hides cure faster.

Tanner:

You have cured 100 deer, wolf, moose, or bear skins, this gaining expertise in the art of curing hides.

Effect: Harvesting hides takes only 75% as much time, and they cure 25% faster.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Tanner:

You have cured 100 deer, wolf, moose, or bear skins, this gaining expertise in the art of curing hides.

Effect: Harvesting hides takes only 75% as much time, and they cure 25% faster.

That's the one🙂. Thanks. I got brain freeze 🤣

Straight to the heart, imo, should buff all drinks that offer somekind of benefit.

As of now, it only buffs energy drinks, stims and coffee but it doesn't on herbal tea and birch bark. So i think this feat should affect all drinks that gives you a benefit, including warming up (which makes sense since it's called Straight to the heart).

• Upvote 2

Got a few more ideas:

-Draw & aim: Unlocked after taking out any weapons by pressing the hotkey 2 (or any number/letter you put it on) and immediately after aiming with it for 200 times.

Grants a speed increase in taking weapons and light sources by 20% and increases aiming speed by 15% (For really, besides the revolver, everything else takes a lot of time to just take it out. While the aiming speed would be more useful for those who defend themself with rifle/bows).

-Craftsman: Unlocked after crafting anything for 1000 times.

It could grant a 25% reduction in materials used to craft something OR reduce the time required to craft something by 30%.

-Fast Healer: Unlocked after getting and healing 250 afflictions, both injuries and diseases (fear, anxiety, frostbite, hypothermia, suffocation and blood loss don't count).

Grants an increases recovery time by 35% for all afflictions i didn't mention above. (basically it reduced the time needed to recover for afflictions like sprain ankles or cabin fever, it doesn't affect the medical treatment.)

-Marathon Runner: Unlocked after running (and only running) 1000km (621.37 miles).

Grants an increase in stamina for 30%.

- Lucky: Unlocked after finding via searching or laying on the ground rare gear for 100 times (e.g ski boots, mackinaw jacket, MRE, etc.)

Increases chances of finding these rare goods in containers while searching by 8%.

-Looter: Unlocked after searching any kind of container and finding something for 200 times.

Increases chances of finding something while searching by 15%.

• Upvote 2

On 7/14/2022 at 2:53 PM, A Lamp said:

-Draw & aim: Unlocked after taking out any weapons by pressing the hotkey 2 (or any number/letter you put it on) and immediately after aiming with it for 200 times.

I think that this should be unlocked after firing 100 shots from any weapon that were fired within two seconds of equipping it.

Another one:

Tracker: You have tracked down 150 wounded animals.

Effect: Animal footprints have a slightly luminous glow to them, allowing for easier tracking.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

I think that this should be unlocked after firing 100 shots from any weapon that were fired within two seconds of equipping it.

Yeah maybe it's better like this, although i would increase the time period to shot the weapon to 3-4 seconds since aiming speed of the rifle, bow and distress pistol are somewhat slow. But let's be honest, if this feat would be introduced in the game everyone would use the revolver to unlock it (since is quicker in aiming and equipping it than other weapons, plus it can hipfire).

14 hours ago, A Lamp said:

Yeah maybe it's better like this, although i would increase the time period to shot the weapon to 3-4 seconds since aiming speed of the rifle, bow and distress pistol are somewhat slow. But let's be honest, if this feat would be introduced in the game everyone would use the revolver to unlock it (since is quicker in aiming and equipping it than other weapons, plus it can hipfire).

Ah, good point. Another one:

Blacksmith: You have forged fifty improvised hatchets or knives, thus proving yourself as a blacksmith.

Effect: Forging uses 33% less metal, and is 25% faster. To forge, the furnace only needs to be at a temperature of +125 Celsius, and you can craft... the Bear Spear!

• Upvote 1

I could go on like this all day....

Wild Gunman: You've scored 1000 total firearm kills. Time now slows down by 50% while aiming with a Revolver or Rifle.

Robin Hood: You've scored 2000 total Survival Bow kills. You now reflexively and automatically nock arrows (near-zero reload time).

Fastball Pitcher: You've scored 500 Stone hits on rabbits. You now throw stones with deadly force that instantly kill rabbits, and inflicts bleed-out on anything but a moose.

Mr. Fix-It: You've completed 500 toolkit repairs. All equipment that degrades with use now degrades 50% slower.

Brawler: Win 100 wolf struggles using only bare hands. Your bare hands now hit with the impact of a Heavy Hammer in wolf struggles.

Iron Fist: Break down 10,000 firewood objects with your bare hands. You can now break down any firewood object with your bare hands.

Cardio King: Sprint for 10,000km total. Sprinting and rope-climbing no longer consume stamina (although it still depletes your Fatigue at 3x).

Bear Wrestler: You've survived 100 Bear Attacks. You can now struggle with Bears to try and fight them off, as you do with wolves.

Superhero Landing: You've suffered 10,000 total condition loss due to falls. You now no longer suffer sprains from falls, only condition loss.

I'll probably think of like 4.82 million more over the course of the next hour. But basically, Feats are what "achievements" ought to be. Accomplish some goal in the game that toes the line between a personal challenge and an asinine demand, and your effort is rewarded with something seriously cool that makes it all worthwhile. Little buffs that, while they don't make you almighty, really do give you a solid edge in a specific category.

• Upvote 3

Lately i've been thinking about somekind of special feats that would offer something else rathen just a buff. Hmm, what about a feat that would introduce a new mechanic?

Expert Meteorologist, which would be unlocked after surviving 30 days only outside (by only outside i mean spending 30 days in the wild without a roof and walls around you, this means you won't gain any progress if you stay in a cave.)

Once you unlock it, it basically grants the ability to ''check the weather'' (the button for it would be found in the radial menu, either campcraft or navigation). Basically the survivor will survey the weather (it's like surveying with charcoal but 50% faster) and it will show you the results:

- Shows you the current weather condition (obviously) and gives an estimated chance of weather changing in different weather condition.

- Gives you an estimated duration of the current weather (Not always accurate.)

- However in certain circumstances, both the possibilities of weather change and it's duration can't be estimated for obvious reasons.

Here are some examples:

Example 1:

Currently it's clear, it will last for 3 hours

Possibility of Blizzard: Minimal

Possibility of Fog: Medium

Possibility of Snowfall: High

Example 2:

Currently it's snowing with some fog, it could last up to 4 hours

Possibility of Blizzard: Extreme

Possibility of Clear Skies: Low

Example 3:

Currently it's foggy, i can't estimate it's duration.

Possibility of clear skies: Unknown.

Possibility of Blizzerd: Low-ish

And so on, i think you get the idea.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:53 PM, A Lamp said:

- Lucky: Unlocked after finding via searching or laying on the ground rare gear for 100 times (e.g ski boots, mackinaw jacket, MRE, etc.)

Increases chances of finding these rare goods in containers while searching by 8%.

Lastly i wanted to remake my lucky trait to be more ''realistic''. It would be unlocked after surviving 100 days and basically it grants a 10% increased luck in general.

So not only you have higher chances of finding mukluks in a closet, but also being blessed and having a wolf running away than hunting you down.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Also, here's a couple of my ideas.

• Firearms Expert: Fire 1000 shots over any number of Survival Mode experiences. Start with Level 3 Revolver and Rifle skill. Reload speed is significantly increased, and you can use a speedloader to reload a completely empty Revolver.
  • Iron Gut: Recover from Food Poisoning 3 times in a single run. Food Poisoning is less frequent.
  • Rasputin: Recover from every affliction (except for Anxiety and Fear) in a single run. Afflictions take less time to heal.
  • The Real Rasputin: Recover from EVERY affliction (Anxiety and Fear included) in a single run. Afflictions take less time to heal and Risk increases slower.
  • Parkour Artist: Take damage from falling 200 times. Fall damage is reduced by 25%.
Edited by JackTrysGames

Firearms Expert: 1,000 shots is less difficult than it sounds, as I've found over 100 Revolver rounds in a single run before. It just takes some dedication. If you fired that many shots, I'd hope you know how to handle a firearm by that point.

Iron Gut: Food Poisoning is handed out like candy bars. So if you recover enough from it, it'd make sense you'd start to build an immunity.

Rasputin: You've recovered from every illness and injury under the sun (get it? it excludes debuffs from Escape The Darkwalker, an endless night), and as such heal from them much faster.

The Real Rasputin: You've recovered from every illness and injury under the sun, and a few that aren't. You can bounce back from injury much faster and most injuries take longer to really set in.

Parkour Artist: After that many falls, if you don't know how to land properly, you probably deserve what you're getting.

Edited by JackTrysGames