keyboard lag

Okay, this sounds weird, but I've been getting TERRIBLE keyboard lag in TLD. It's so bad that I can't keep my character walking by holding down the W key. And when I try to type in the Journal, it drops about every 2nd letter. This started a couple weeks ago. I know it's not a problem with my keyboard, because it works fine in all other applications. I even put new batteries in, even though the old ones tested 100%, and it made no difference.

My only idea is that maybe the game is doing constant information saving now? I know you did something to speed up the game "Save" function (which is super fast now).

Windows 10 PC

sandbox mode

Microsoft bluetooth keyboard

How do I get that figure?

I have a GTX970 graphics card, i5-750 (4-core) CPU. It's always been more than adequate for this game. Besides which, keyboard lag is terrible even just editing the Journal, which I'm sure doesn't require much graphics power.

Edited by thedeerhunter
added more info

Guest jeffpeng

Doesn't Windows have a built in FPS counter these days? Plus it might be interesting to see if something is running rampant in Task Manager and/or if your CPU is actually heavily throttling (you can see you CPU clock in Task Manager two I think .... sorry, been a while ^^)

On 7/8/2022 at 10:59 AM, thedeerhunter said:

So far i have only experienced it in sandbox mode. I did submit a ticket.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you don't receive a response soon. We appreciate the opportunity to help.