Inventory Menu Pauses Time

cryogen

One change I'd like is if the game paused when you went into your inventory menu. Players shouldn't be penalized dwindling torch/match/etc. when navigating the inventory, looking through stats, or typing notes for example just because we take longer to look at whatever it is we want to.

This is especially annoying on console because typing notes is already painful to downright useless (not the game's fault), but even just the simplest of notes on PS/Xbox can take many minutes in game.

• Upvote 3

I think your proposal is very positive.
In fact, I think that using the inventory is not the same as other sections, perhaps the use of the inventory should not stop time, but managing other options, especially taking notes or consulting statistics, should allow us to work in peace.
Although I think that just like in real life, organizing the backpack, writing in the notebook or viewing a map is done in real time.

I disagree with time stopping while looking in inventory. Looking in your inventory is essentially like looking into your characters backpack, and why would looking in your bag for what you need cause time to magically stop? Time management is one of the challenges in most survival games, and TLD is no different. And apart of that is managing your inventory, which should ideally be done while your in a safe area. If you are in a sticky situation and need to go into your inventory for something, then the game still going on in the background adds the the tension, and challenge.

As for pausing while writing notes I can kinda agree that something should be in place for console players due to writing notes with the controller and the "on-screen keyboard" is much slower than a PC players keyboard. Maybe having it so the game slows down to like quarter of the speed to make up for it?

I agree with the others; time shouldn't stop for inventory management or viewing the map, but an option to look at statistics while paused would be helpful.

There could be an option to View Statistics in the pause menu. 

Edited by Pencil

• 1 month later...

I agree with this suggestion.
We spent most of the time on checking our backpacks and planning what to do next.
I guess the conflict comes from you can actually take actions that affects your stats, like harvesting clothes can diminish thirst and energy.

Good suggestion though.