Interraction with stove from outside

Denyo

I am right now watching a stream of one steam user and I was almost shocked,what I saw. :lol:

He was at Forestry Lookout in Mistery Lake.Outside started a blizzard,so he started a fire in a stove there.Then he went outside to forage wood.But he went on that side,where is stove placed,and...he placed pointer on wood wall of Lookout,and interraction sign with stove appeared! He clicked on it and stove interraction panel popped up,just like he was inside,not outside.He could log on fire,melt snow and blil water,cook food...but he was standing outside,on cold! And,most surprising thing was,that,no matter he was standing outside in blizzard,that bugged interraction with stove also gave him up warmth bonus,altough it should be -21 degree.

This for sure is best bug I ever saw. :lol:

Hey Denyo! Thanks for the message! Do you have a link to that video/time when this happens?

No,sorry,Ryan. :( I was watching that stream about two hours ago(from time I am writting this reply).It was live broadcasting and I was posting my thread at time,whille I was watching his stream.So,the time of that, I can say ,was exact time,when I posted my thread.I know he seemed french,coz his nickname is "Le Charles" or something like that.Yes,I think it is LeCharles.

But,I was talking with him,so he showed me survival panel and I could see,that warmth bonus was doing just like he is inside building,not outside.

I shouldn't need a video or screenshot. I should be able to track this down fairly easily.

Jeremy

I`m about to stream now and I am currently at Mistery Lake.I will go visit Lookout and try by myself,if I have that bug,too.In case bug will appear in my case,too,I will take a screenshoot.Or you can go watch my stream now on steam,so we together find out.

This is the same issue has the Door one, You can open and close the door of the lookout through the Window. Basically the problem is the Windows don't block interaction so you're able to use stuff through them. So once we do that this issue and the one I mentioned should be fixed.

What's weird is that you get the benefits of the fire as though you were inside when you are standing outside. I think it's using the same idea as a campfire so it's giving a warmth bonus around it at a certain distance, so being outside and behind it is still technically in that distance, the Walls don't seem to block the heat either.

Jeremy

This is the same issue has the Door one, You can open and close the door of the lookout through the Window. Basically the problem is the Windows don't block interaction so you're able to use stuff through them. So once we do that this issue and the one I mentioned should be fixed.

What's weird is that you get the benefits of the fire as though you were inside when you are standing outside. I think it's using the same idea as a campfire so it's giving a warmth bonus around it at a certain distance, so being outside and behind it is still technically in that distance, the Walls don't seem to block the heat either.

Jeremy

I see.Thanx for detailed explanation and I hope you will successfully deal with this issue.

Archived