A way to leave marks in the map

Nessie

Hello!

I've recently bought the game, and I must say, I absolutely love it. I do have some suggestions for it, but the first one would be this: allow a way to leave some marks in the map. For example, carving a tree with the knife, or attaching a piece of cloth to it. It's something I think someone who has to live for a long time in the wild would do, to find their way easier, and it would help a lot to know where we are sometimes, especially in the middle of a snow storm or a foggy day.

While it's not (yet?) possible to mark trees by carving or tying a piece of cloth to them, it is possible to mark places/ leave trails to help you find your way. I do this myself by dropping pieces of cedar or bottles of water as both are plentiful.

Hi and welcome !

wow, you are suggesting that what I also thought when I was beginning to play this game a few days ago.

As a new one who don´t know the map you´ll start in the middle of nowhere running around ´till you find a nice shelter for making your "homebase". Then you must leave it for searching further food and other supplies.

So I also thought it would be very helpful just to put for example wood sticks into the snow for marking your way back to your shelter. I would also do this in reallife in such a situation (in which I hopefully don´t get into it :) )

nice Suggestion and would not be very difficult to programme that I think.

Cheers Lukin

While it's not (yet?) possible to mark trees by carving or tying a piece of cloth to them, it is possible to mark places/ leave trails to help you find your way. I do this myself by dropping pieces of cedar or bottles of water as both are plentiful.

thanks for sharing that tip with your fellow players :)

Yeah, I do that as well right now, but I still think it could be a nice feature to add ^^

Archived