Weird bug has me confused

Leeanda

Ok. When I saved and quit my game this morning I was inside the quonset.  However when I switched it back on I was in the truck out the back of the garage. Not only that but I thought that I was getting electrified . When I finally got out of the truck I found I had multiple sprains ,lost most of my life and nearly all my clothes were ruined!     

Sadly I was so frustrated and very confused so deleted it..  

Has anyone else had anything even remotely like this happen?  

I know I'm the only one who usually gets these oddities but I thought I'd ask anyway😊

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

Nothing as serious as what you recounted.  Though the last one caused me to delete the save game, because a glitch cost me my bedroll,  and bring back a backup save which cost me several calendar days of game progress but I still had everything and could continue. 

Tricky those Star Trek Transporters when they glitch.  😉 

Sounds like a really bad glitch.  You were in the Quonset.  When the game was getting the game world set up, it mistakenly thought those coordinates was in some other location which had sparking wires, then it put you in the truck behind the Quonset.  You staggered out of the truck looking and feeling like you've tangled with a bolt of lightning.  

Alternately, since the way things get spawned in the game is they drop from the sky to where they should be, two things happened.  1) It dropped you through a thunderstorm and you were being hit by lightning. 2) The storm threw off the game's aim so you ended up in the truck not the Quonset.   😲 

That was back luck though.  🥞

• Upvote 2

Just now, UTC-10 said:

Nothing as serious as what you recounted.  Though the last one caused me to delete the save game, because a glitch cost me my bedroll,  and bring back a backup save which cost me several calendar days of game progress but I still had everything and could continue. 

Sounds like a really bad glitch.  You were in the Quonset.  When the game was getting the game world set up, it mistakenly thought those coordinates was in some other location which had sparking wires, then it put you in the truck behind the Quonset.  You staggered out of the truck looking and feeling like you've tangled with a bolt of lightning.  

Alternately, since the way things get spawned in the game is they drop from the sky to where they should be, two things happened.  1) It dropped you through a thunderstorm and you were being hit by lightning. 2) The storm threw off the game's aim so you ended up in the truck not the Quonset.   😲 

Stepping out the truck to find Astrid naked from the waste down was rather more than I expected😁.  They were good clothes too!  

Considering there's no star fleet academy in coastal highway I'll take it as it is😊

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow weird glitch.

The most odd thing that happend to me twice was in bleak inlet whale procesing - when i wanted to get out of the plant i got teleported to Bleak inlet Spawn point with all my clothes gone and replaced with starting clothes. Fortunatelly the save didnt get corrupted and i was beeing able to get back to the point where i entered the plant. Happened to me twice on same character.

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

Wow weird glitch.

The most odd thing that happend to me twice was in bleak inlet whale procesing - when i wanted to get out of the plant i got teleported to Bleak inlet Spawn point with all my clothes gone and replaced with starting clothes. Fortunatelly the save didnt get corrupted and i was beeing able to get back to the point where i entered the plant. Happened to me twice on same character.

I think I remember that happening to someone else once. It's just as weird .  I wish reloading mine would've worked but as it saves during injuries it just wasn't possible.  

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/2/2022 at 7:23 PM, UTC-10 said:

You've just made me grateful that Great Bear never has thunderstorms

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Ok Ive just had this bug again... I left the save in the car near crumbling highway.. switching it back on I instantly got multiple sprains and lost half my clothes and life..

Oh good lord 🙈

I really do wonder if the game is more stable on the PC than XBox; yes I do get a few bugs but nothing as serious as you consistently do.

This is definitely not good. I'm sorry I can't be of any help other than to offer my sympathy!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

Oh good lord 🙈

I really do wonder if the game is more stable on the PC than XBox; yes I do get a few bugs but nothing as serious as you consistently do.

This is definitely not good. I'm sorry I can't be of any help other than to offer my sympathy!

I usually just put it down to me being me.😁.  

However this one is one I'm not very happy about.  I love skating moose and things like your upside down bear but I have my limits..

I'm glad it isn't a long term run ..

• Upvote 1

No, I mean, have you tried tweaking the game's graphic settings?  Generally, if you have the game's graphic settings lowered, FPS will increase, and vice-versa.  Of course, the cost is that the game doesn't look as good.  Many times, it's a balancing act, unless you have the horsepower to support the highest settings.

Edited by hozz1235

Just now, GeneralJConnor said:

Wow..that sucks!

My craziest and most bizarre glitch came came when I was chopping up a tree limb by Monolith Lake.

I just kept chopping and chopping and couldn't get it to stop...my 95% hatchet....was scrap.

I had to leave HRV...and get another hatchet.

That is a weird bug!!  That could've been a killer depending upon the situation...

Just now, GeneralJConnor said:

Not gonna lie...I was quite stressed. But it added a bit of action and intensity to the run.

I can imagine.. I was stressed and I'm on custom pilgrim.. hrv isn't a place to be in without a hatchet though on any level.

@Leeanda

OK, now I know what you meant when discussing your FPS issues.

Please forgive the fact I had to take a photo of my TLD settings  for some reason I only get an image of the main menu when I take a screenshot. It should be clear enough.

Go to the Settings Menu, then into "Quality". You should see this screen.

20221101_042926.thumb.jpg.80bc58add129314fe5c3d51a2b075e5d.jpg

At the top of the screen you will see "High" selected on my settings. You can use this to change the overall quality settings using predetermined categories, a bit like choosing a difficulty level when in a custom game.

As a general rule of thumb, higher settings means lower FPS, lower settings mean higher FPS. However the accuracy of this does depend a lot on the individual machine, but it's a good place to start thinking about how you want to change things.

Just bear in mind that lowering the Quality to increase FPS does, well lower the graphics quality! It may not be just the FPS which isn't suiting you, it could also be things like draw distance. So having a decent length of play on each setting is a good idea to find out what works for you and what doesn't.

The only way for you to find a setting that suits you is to take the plunge and try a few different things. Don't worry, you can't break anything! Try playing on each standard setting first then see how it suits your machine, your eyes, your sinuses and your personal preference.

I'd advise  setting up a separate save just to play around with the settings, but you shouldn't have any issues. They are there to be used and changed.

I don't think your laptop is the issue my darling, from what you've told me it sounds like you made sure it met the minimum requirements.

Therefore you need to take the plunge and play around with these Quality settings to find one that works both for you and your laptop. If you still can't then we can look at some fine tuning.

We really need to get you on the laptop. Yes there are still bugs on a PC but the game is generally more stable than on console. I honestly think the difficulty you've been having with your FPS and other Quality settings not suiting you lie within this section.

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 2