The tales of King Arthur’s brave knights

conanjaguar

DAY 11: Mordred was awakened bright and early by his growling stomach. In preparation for the move to Milton, he dropped some stuff, but not enough, as I would soon find out. Mordred bid Rusty adieu, but not goodbye (I actually tear up as I write this!), and set out for the cave, walking to conserve energy for the anticipated rope climbing. Besides 12 pieces of coal, there was nothing special in the transition, not even the usual wolf carcass. Upon exiting, our starving antihero picked 10 cattails and admired the waterfalls before going up the rope. Upon coming up, Mordred darted into a smaller cave to avoid the patrolling wolf, where he found a very rusty hatchet, some soda (just out of this stuff!), and BLESSED PORK AND BEANS on the… permanent resident. Mordred cooked his beans and a nice hot cuppa, pulled a torch, and set out to face the wolf. Using

@Zaknafein‘s “charge em’ with the torch” trick, Mordred emerged untouched. He looked for and finally found the other rope, but… he was way overencumbered, freezing, tired, and the wolf was back on his trail. STIM TIME! Mordred quickly ascended the rope and managed to make it to the Ranger Station before he crashed from the stim. Still no rifle. Then Mordred made a quick warmup fire and slept for two hours. Upon awakening, he made the short trek down to the Gas Station. However, the canine security guards were determined to block Mordred’s entry, so he ran and hid in a car, sleeping for an hour. After checking to make sure the coast was clear, Mordred quickly bolted into the store. There was a lot of dog food, some peaches, and the same can of sardines that poisoned Gawain! By the time looting was over, it was dark, so Mordred ate his cattails and enjoyed some well-earned rest.

Total condition lost: 10%

Edited by conanjaguar
Typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

DAY 12: Mordred awoke and set out for Milton itself. Apparently the nasty weather had chased the canine security guards back indoors, so Mordred made it to the town uninterrupted, making a beeline to Grey Mother’s house, but pausing to quickly loot the bank and some other houses. He found a Ragged Urban Parka and Light Outer Shell somewhere along the way, as well as more Dog Food and double maple syrup! On a hunch, Mordred checked the green car behind the Post Office. Sure enough, there was a rifle there! However, it was not in very good shape. Loading his new toy, a very encumbered Mordred quickly checked Grey Mother’s woodshed (nothing) and went into the house. There was some food, a cup of coffee, and a revolver laying under one of the beds! Both guns in one day! Mordred then went out to annoy the local wolves by throwing rocks at them… and paid the price. He bandaged the wound, limped back inside, and went to bed.

DAY 13: Mordred ate a granola bar for breakfast and set out into the sunrise for Paradise Meadows. It was +1C today, so he made the best of it, getting all the way to the old Schoolhouse. There, the furry Schoolmaster decided to charge Mordred, veering off to munch on a rabbit. Mordred scared him off with a revolver shot that (obviously) missed, and nabbed the rabbit. Almost as soon as Mordred arrived at the shed, Bruno and Rufus eagerly ran out to welcome him. Three more revolver bullets were wasted trying to hit them, and Mordred went inside to drop some stuff and make a quick check of any obviously visible loot. Most prominent was another rifle laying on the bed. Why must everything show up when I already have it? Anyway, Mordred then spent the rest of the day looting the house, organizing, and going out to the porch to take potshots at Bruno and Rufus, taking their rabbits.

RUMINATIONS: I’m back at Paradise Meadows. I think Mordred will cull the local wolves and then go up to the church or the crash site. From there, we can probably make it back to Trappers and stash all this loot. Then, I might be able to summit, following in the steps of @ManicManiac.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Wow! What a week! Three blackouts in a row, pizza night, and a weekend trip out of town do not add up to playing much of anything. I should have time to play some later today... assuming the power stays on. The weather is promising a summer storm.

Gotta love South Carolina!

Well... here is Mordred as of

DAY 14: Strange... when Mordred awoke this morning, the diary only listed       “12 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes”. Is my timer off? 
Mordred chugged a jug of maple syrup and went out to the porch. Bruno and Rufus were nowhere in sight, so Mordred went out to the shed to pick up the hacksaw that had been there. However, Rufus materialized out of thin air and chewed him up pretty good. Down to 50% condition, Mordred went into the tractor to apply a bandage, then looked for... the revolver! Where was it? My brother had apparently thought it was funny to start Mordred up in my absence and drop both the rifle and the revolver by the bed. No wonder when I clicked “2” all I came up with was a stone! 
Mordred ran inside, drank a birch tea, picked up the guns, read the Frontier Shooting Guide, and went back out. Bruno had noticed, and ran up to the porch, turning away before I could get a shot in.  Mordred combed the area, getting chewed on again by Bruno, again, near the shed. However, he did bring back a kilo of deer meat and a hide. After a terrible day, Mordred vented his anger by shooting the doorknob... twice, giving me a pretty nasty jumpscare. Then he spent the rest of the day reading, repairing, and organizing. Hopefully tomorrow will be better...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Maybe you should think about revenge on that brother of yours.

Oh, believe me, I dream of it. His first try at Interloper was well-worth remembering. For some reason, RNG and dice have always been in his favor, so whenever he got chewed on after finding Mukluks, a Cowichan,  Expeditionary  Parka, Mariner’s Pea Coat, Ski Boots, Long Johns and Climbing Socks, I tell him:

“If you get chewed on again, it’s game over.” 

He never listens to me...

“Revenge is sweet. It’s like hot chocolate, but with more screaming.”

• Like 1

Yep. Revenge is definitely sweet. He just faded into the long dark three times in less than an hour.

1. Eaten by wolves at Contemplation Bridge in Pleasant Valley. (Stalker)
2. Froze to death in the Ripken 10 minutes in. (Interloper) 

3. Eaten by Bruno at Paradise Meadows (Stalker)

Now he is trying Wintermute. Maybe I should start writing up his exploits as a “how NOT to”.

• Upvote 1

DAY 15? I’m not really sure anymore. The journal says 13 days, but I’m fairly certain that that’s messed up. Anyway, Mordred went out to the yard with the intention of shooting Bruno and Rufus. They were not out, so Mordred went to shoot some bunnies. Suffice it to say, my inaccuracy was typical and hilarious. Seven shots were expended to kill two bunnies, and I even had to ask my brother (blessed by the Sniper Deities) to kill the second. Determined never to waste a revolver shot again, Mordred spent the rest of the day foraging, collecting rose hips,  cattails, and Reishi mushrooms, as well as 25 stones! Mordred also spotted the deer that roams around the yard, and tried to line up a shot, but a sudden wind change scared the critter away. Sighing, he trudged back up to the house and made a bunch of tea and canned food, getting Cooking and Firestarting level 2! And so to bed after reading up on Advanced Guns Guns Guns.

DAY 16: Mordred stuck his head out the door, only to be greeted by a blast of freezing cold air and a wall of blinding snow! A blizzard had struck. After reading Advanced Guns Guns Guns for three hours and making more tea, Mordred and I  decided not to let the day go to waste. So, out into the blizzard he went to pick mushrooms and lichen, and to get a bit of progress in the Blizzard Walker and Cold Fusion feats. This he managed to keep up all day, until the blizzard blew away (little rhyme there). Mordred managed to gather more rose hips, repair his clothing from the acid snow damage, and flip through Advanced Guns Guns Guns some more before going to bed.

RUMINATIONS: The food situation is slowly getting worse. Mordred will have to finish looting Milton, and maybe the church and crash site (shudder) in order to get more grub. Then I think we can test my abilities and try for a “slow summit”. I have always wanted to see what the Mountaineer’s hut looks like on the inside...

• Like 1

DAY 17: Taking advantage of the good weather, Mordred went out to loot Milton. At first, the day went pretty uneventfully. Mordred looted most of the other houses and suddenly rediscovered the five cans of dog food and clothing he had left in Grey Mother’s earlier, as well as two firelogs! Then, disaster struck, in the form of the three wolves that patrol the streets of Milton. These three wolves mauled him one time each, and... what I know realize in hindsight, each mauling could have been avoided by me settling for a less-than-absolutely perfect shot and squeezing the trigger. But no. I just had to wait till the very last second in every instance, and then it was too late. Fortunately, Mordred still lived. He limped back to Grey Mother’s to repair his clothes and bandage himself, then went to bed, dreaming of sweet revenge...

DAY 18: Mordred awoke, ate a can of dog food for breakfast, and then went out to annoy the wolves some more. To his surprise, there was only one. This foolish beastie elected to charge Mordred, ignoring a revolver shot to the head (my first hit of the run!) and getting slashed by his hatchet. Determined not to let his bullet go to waste, Mordred tracked it down. After a long and tiresome chase, the wolf finally wandered into a patch of deep snow and bled out:794F671C-2BA1-497A-8E5A-49B043DE987A.thumb.jpeg.4fe602b915e65b3a5d78b67c9307ae5f.jpeg

As Mordred was by now freezing, and a blizzard was in the works, he went back to a nearby house to warm up and prepare some rose hips and mushrooms. Then, he followed the cattail head trail back and quartered the beast, going to Grey Mother’s to cook it.

DAY 19: Mordred peeked out the door, and was welcomed by a blizzard! Initially, we were both slightly peeved, but then inspiration struck. Wildlife usually does not spawn during blizzards! This was a perfect opportunity to go to St. Christopher’s Church, and Mordred took it without any more hesitation. 
The blizzard continued the entire journey to and from, and the sight of the church was welcome with hypothermia risk coming on:14866C75-BE79-4997-98DD-84958E7850FD.thumb.jpeg.58f413a8cf2ce7adec84347c661c5670.jpeg

Like a true knight, Mordred went up and held a mass. The only sound was the blizzard’s wind rattling the shingles. True piety is what he felt, and he repented of all the rabbits that he had killed, and repented of allowing Rusty to eat the Prince of the Forest. Mordred also made a solemn vow: from henceforth, whenever he is in a region with a church, he must go there once a week, or his souls shall be damned forever.
However, Mordred’s piety did not hinder him from taking the Wool Toque and matches that he found. Then he returned back to Grey Mother’s, napped and flipped through Advanced Guns Guns Guns for another hour. Then, he went back out, noting that the blizzard was over. Determined to finish the job of culling the local wolves, he went outside to his hunting perch (big rock on the right after going out)... and was immediately mauled three more times in a row by those monsters. However, he gave as good as he got, and I expect to come across those wolves’ frozen corpses sometime in Mordred’s travels.

Total condition lost: 85%!

RUMINATIONS: Mordred has just about done everything there is to do in Milton, except for looting the crash site (gulp!). After that is done, I think Mordred will assemble all the loot in Paradise Meadows and go to Pleasant Valley. Rinse and repeat. And, oh! I just realized that Mordred broke Gawain’s record! Two more weeks and he will have broken my all-time record!

• Upvote 2

A quick news flash:

Baragon, my pet Eastern Fence Lizard whose visage graces my avatar, has sadly faded into the long dark after a very short battle against metabolic bone disease. In the real world, as in TLD, every death is a lesson learned. I am determined that none of my future scaly friends will suffer this awful fate.

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Sorry to hear you've lost your pet.  😥 

You condolences are appreciated, @Leeanda.  Baragon often used to sit on my shoulder while I did schoolwork or chores around the house. She even fell in the sink while we were washing dishes once! I will miss her, but I suspect there will be other lizards, or (Heaven allow) even a cat.

DAY 20: Mordred set out for the Ravine crash site. What promised to be a fairly uneventful trek soon marked the first steps in my journey as an expert marksman! First, Mordred shot this deer at the first bunny pond:85245F28-E71C-4942-B600-D38DC63434A7.thumb.jpeg.53a4dd139ce537c524e7997a4d61d158.jpeg

It took two each of rifle and revolver shots, but I’m righteously proud: it’s my first deer kill ever! Then, a bit further up the trail, a wolf barked. I panicked, and brung up the rifle, only to notice that it had killed a rabbit a few yards away. Mordred lined up the sights, and scored a headshot, despite his shivering from the cold. He quartered it, took it’s bunny, and moved on, arriving at the plane itself with no further incident:B97D539B-A3B4-4ADC-BC1B-83708F0E8F43.thumb.jpeg.e676031c1b8692907ab8782ccc75abcb.jpeg

As there was nothing interesting, and night was wast falling, Mordred continued on to the ravine. Despite the fairly good weather, Mordred was about to become hypothermic when he finally entered the cave. He burned most of the fuel he had found to cook up his catch and make more rose hip tea, then went to bed.

DAY 21: Mordred kept a fire going most of the day to cook more meat (getting Cooking level 3), while looting the debris. The most notable finds were maple syrup in the backpack (pretty sure now that is a guaranteed spawn), a full jerrycan, and the elusive second pair of pants! As dusk approached, Mordred noticed that the weather was deceptively warm - only -5C ambient air temperature!
He decided to risk going back to Milton, overloaded but not exhausted. Thankfully, the good weather held up the whole way, and soon he was at Grey Mother’s, collecting the water that he boiled before he left. (he was forced to drop the deer hide somewhere along the way, though). Mordred read more chapters of Advanced Guns Guns Guns and went to bed.

DAY 22: Today, Mordred decided to consolidate all the loot from Milton into Paradise Meadows. So, after a jug of maple syrup (and daydreaming of pancakes) for breakfast, he set out, barely able to move with all the junk he carried. The wolves near Grey Mother’s had been sufficiently cowed, and so respectfully kept their distance. However, to the exquisite horror of Mordred and I, Bruno and Rufus had returned.
However, this time I was determined not to be chewed on. The revolver came out as Bruno charged, and a .375 slug impacted him right between the eyes. He died instantly, and Mordred made a warmup fire so that he wouldn’t freeze to death while cutting Bruno up. Then, Rufus came along, too! Only, he was back at his old rabbit-hunting tricks again. Mordred unslung the rifle, aimed, and quickly squeezed off a shot. Rufus dropped dead, as well. After he was quartered,  Mordred walked the long last mile back to the Farmhouse, cooking up the day’s catch:0E2EDAC9-CBD3-49B0-BB4C-F7F71AAB2EC6.thumb.jpeg.cf6724b1a008202c926fde93f22273d1.jpeg

RUMINATIONS: Well, I am now a sniper! Mordred will make one last trip out to Milton to break and harvest everything, and then go to Pleasant Valley via Mystery Lake. (Seeing Rusty again will be fun.) Can I defeat the weather without a second pair of underwear? We shall see.

Edited by conanjaguar
Typos, grammar, General fix-ups
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Congrats on the kill!  

Yes, it seems that my marksmanship is improving. I can’t believe that once I couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn! (Partly true, once I shot the barn in PV with the revolver by accident and couldn’t find the bullet hole.)

• Like 1

Back with Mordred:

DAY 23: Today, nothing very interesting occurred. Mordred spent all day breaking chairs in Milton (over 30 pieces of wood!), and lugging half the stuff from Grey Mother’s back to Paradise Meadows. It was here that 34% frostbite risk came, with no end in sight, even after crafting hand wraps.

DAY 24: Still with 34% frostbite risk, Mordred went back to Grey Mother’s to collect more of the stuff there. Carrying 55 kilograms of junk, our mule/antihero baby-stepped his way back to Paradise Meadows. Here is where the fun started; Bruno and Rufus had respawned impossibly fast! They were dead just two days ago, and there they were, roaming around the farmstead like they owned the place! Which, in hindsight, they probably do. As it was by now night, it was hard to see them, and they jumpscared me pretty badly.
In a superb tag-team ambush, Rufus killed a bunny, then settled down to eat it. While Mordred crept up on him, Bruno suddenly appeared behind him and gave Mordred a nasty chewing, as well as blood loss. Then, while Mordred strove to reach the tractor, Rufus decided to chew on him as well, leaving him with 10% condition. Mordred entered the tractor, pulled up the radial, and... no bandages? Oh well, I thought. They must be hidden by all that tea. Nope. There were no bandages, and Mordred had to use a stim to stop himself from bleeding out while he harvested his socks, and then  had to use ANOTHER ONE to save himself while he made bandages. Then, he stumbled back inside, and only now do I realize that Mordred had six pieces of cloth in his inventory (smacks forehead).

Total condition lost: 90%!

RUMINATIONS: All right! All the stuff from Milton is consolidated in Paradise Meadows. Now to pack for the trip. I think Mordred will take most of the found food and my two cups of coffee (still saving those for an emergency, as I haven’t found any more), the rifle and revolver, a sewing kit, and the assorted cured pelts laying around on the floor. The deer hide, in particular, shall be taken, as the Prince of The Forest’s pelt is by now cured on the floor of the Camp Office, and maybe Mordred can make some boots. Now, as I recall, the way to Pleasant Valley is around the back of Carter Hydro (confirmation, anyone?), so Mordred shall have to watch his step.

• Like 1

Just now, conanjaguar said:

Back with Mordred:

DAY 23: Today, nothing very interesting occurred. Mordred spent all day breaking chairs in Milton (over 30 pieces of wood!), and lugging half the stuff from Grey Mother’s back to Paradise Meadows. It was here that 34% frostbite risk came, with no end in sight, even after crafting hand wraps.

DAY 24: Still with 34% frostbite risk, Mordred went back to Grey Mother’s to collect more of the stuff there. Carrying 55 kilograms of junk, our mule/antihero baby-stepped his way back to Paradise Meadows. Here is where the fun started; Bruno and Rufus had respawned impossibly fast! They were dead just two days ago, and there they were, roaming around the farmstead like they owned the place! Which, in hindsight, they probably do. As it was by now night, it was hard to see them, and they jumpscared me pretty badly.
In a superb tag-team ambush, Rufus killed a bunny, then settled down to eat it. While Mordred crept up on him, Bruno suddenly appeared behind him and gave Mordred a nasty chewing, as well as blood loss. Then, while Mordred strove to reach the tractor, Rufus decided to chew on him as well, leaving him with 10% condition. Mordred entered the tractor, pulled up the radial, and... no bandages? Oh well, I thought. They must be hidden by all that tea. Nope. There were no bandages, and Mordred had to use a stim to stop himself from bleeding out while he harvested his socks, and then  had to use ANOTHER ONE to save himself while he made bandages. Then, he stumbled back inside, and only now do I realize that Mordred had six pieces of cloth in his inventory (smacks forehead).

Total condition lost: 90%!

RUMINATIONS: All right! All the stuff from Milton is consolidated in Paradise Meadows. Now to pack for the trip. I think Mordred will take most of the found food and my two cups of coffee (still saving those for an emergency, as I haven’t found any more), the rifle and revolver, a sewing kit, and the assorted cured pelts laying around on the floor. The deer hide, in particular, shall be taken, as the Prince of The Forest’s pelt is by now cured on the floor of the Camp Office, and maybe Mordred can make some boots. Now, as I recall, the way to Pleasant Valley is around the back of Carter Hydro (confirmation, anyone?), so Mordred shall have to watch his step.

Confirmed.🙂

I'm sure day 23 was a nice day compared to day 24.  And it's good to prepare for things in advance. Especially if it removes some of those tripping hazards.

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Confirmed.🙂

I'm sure day 23 was a nice day compared to day 24.  And it's good to prepare for things in advance. Especially if it removes some of those tripping hazards.

Yes, Day 23 was boring, but then, I now recall the ancient Chinese curse:
”May you live in interesting times.”

• Upvote 1

DAY 25: Mordred awoke early to get a head start on packing up and organizing the house. He packed his rifle, revolver, hatchet, two knives, the clothes on his back, all the found food that was left (sardines, chips, MRE), lots of tea, some meds, the lantern, a freshly crafted torch, a piece of coal (for quick warmth) guts, a deer hide, and more lamp fuel, as well as the heavy but potentially useful flashlight. A bit of exploring found a dead wolf, which was quickly cut up and stashed. All this took until about noon, so it was too late to leave. Mordred decided to spend the day crafting, making a rabbit fur hat and this beauty:2940F7F1-214B-4FA8-A9C6-B7CA5F7E977D.thumb.jpeg.19349503f3afd1f8328767545ca69de6.jpegBy the time he was finished, it was already dark. Mordred decided to call it a day after petting Bruno a bit with the business end of his hatchet, and went to bed. However, not before making six more Rise Hip teas!

DAY 26: Mordred awoke with the dawn and set out. Thankfully, Bruno kept his distance.85CAF322-AFB3-491E-8D5C-149A9051A649.thumb.jpeg.13a6da5eae67cb76df91297830842ff2.jpegAh, what a lovely sunrise.

After a long trek through town, Mordred was fairly tired , and my nerves were frazzled from some close wolf encounters. Eventually he made it to the Ranger Station, finding a hat, a knife, and a pair of boots that he had missed! Amusingly, it was up here that I was jumpscared (not really!) by Well-Fed popping out of thin air for no reason whatsoever.9FB21796-E80B-4A58-A71A-D2F4678377B0.thumb.jpeg.f2a3bcccec072408efabf36afc7416c3.jpegIt might not be visible in the picture, but there was a wolf just over the crest of this hill, right behind the gift of grass Mordred is pointing his revolver at. It was quickly scared away by a quickly-lit torch and an impressive quickdraw display, cowboy style. Although the first rope climb down (I didn’t even try to goat) was easy, Mordred now ran into the wolf that patrols around that area, which was easily avoided by running into the nearby cave and making hot tea. It was at the second rope that real trouble started.
More than halfway up, Mordred suddenly became exhausted and encumbered! He almost fell multiple times, but eventually heaved his way up, coinciding with me letting out the breath I had been holding. Mordred made a beeline for the cave, where he napped for three hours before continuing.F989BCB7-1E5F-4D8F-8CC1-D99A77169D24.thumb.jpeg.12c61c9cd7fe5c3c0c810a4e52eae0c9.jpegBeautiful waterfall, just like always.

Bleary-eyed with exhaustion (again), Mordred stumbled back out of the cave in the early evening, and I snapped this picture:86FC07DA-E19F-4470-BF11-C661E2F2BD0F.thumb.jpeg.7f9d4bec65e92e33cfd5e2be0f6ab97c.jpegIt might not be obvious (I didn’t even know until he barked), but Rusty was in this picture! He was very glad to see Mordred returning, but he was scared off by having a revolver waved at him. Mordred was too tired to play right now, and went straight to bed. Well, after fixing up the pair of mittens he had left behind.

RUMINATIONS: Well, Mordred made it to Trapper’s without being mauled! Let’s hope he can make it at least to the Camp Office tomorrow. There, he can pick up some food and bring back some stuff he was forced to leave in the lake cabins in his early days. That should take up a whole day. Then, getting to and going through the Winding River cave should take yet another. Navigating and looting Pleasant Valley is going to take at least three days, so by my calculations, Mordred should make it to Timberwolf Mountain in about a week!

Now to see if this all posts successfully.

EDIT: Yep!

Edited by conanjaguar
Do I need a reason? I just wanted to.
  • Like 2

DAY 27: Up with the sun again. Except... there was no sun! It seems that Pleasant Valley was determined to welcome Mordred early. Oh well. As Mordred was starving, and he did not want to risk running into his furry friends, he decided to set out for the Office after heating up some tea. Despite the blinding snow and terrible wind, Mordred eventually made it to the Camp Office just as hypothermia risk announced itself:59253F99-C057-4F06-8A01-4976EA553EC4.thumb.jpeg.8b14486443b860728fc1178984ea0855.jpeg

As it was apparent that the blizzard was not going away, Mordred decided to get a start on crafting some Deerskin Pants. He worked on them until there was no more light, then hit the ol’ sack.

DAY 28: Today, Mordred awoke before the sun.6039B2C4-12AC-4DBC-87F1-666E6AFE64F6.thumb.jpeg.87a5d8778b676d7f908622fc6bc1fab2.jpeg He set out for the closest fishing hut, keeping a lookout for Rusty and his friends. However, they apparently had not waken up yet, allowing Mordred to proceed to the fishing hut without incident. However, my awful luck reasserted itself; as soon as the ice was broken and the tackle went in, it snapped! This left Mordred to wander around Mystery Lake, picking up the twenty-odd pieces of reclaimed wood he had left behind back on Day 3.  And, to add injury to insult, Rusty invited some friends over for lunch (me). They chewed Mordred up pretty bad, reducing him to 50% condition while Rusty just sat there and grinned.(anyone ever read the Smile Dog creepypasta? Rusty had a smile like that.) Mordred then limped over to the fishing hut and slept for four hours to recover some condition, and, still starving, set out for the Camp Office, picking cattails along the way. When he arrived, he saw the Prince of the Forest! Whatever qualms Mordred had about killing him were drowned by his growling stomach, and so, he took aim and squeezed the trigger. Blood spurted, but the deer ran off into the mounting blizzard. Sigh. So, Mordred went to bed hungry.

DAY 29: As I draw nearer to breaking my all-time record, so does the game become more determined to kill me. Today, it almost did!
Mordred awoke at dawn again and finished up his deerskin pants, crafting two extra fishing tackles while he was at it. Then he went outside, intent on fishing, and was greeted by more Pleasant Valley weather! If Mordred stayed in the Office, he would likely starve to death, so he struck out into the blizzard. However, he quickly became hopelessly lost, somehow ending up at the lone cabin on the other side of the lake!
11B42C29-90C0-4C58-BD43-8BCD34C1E846.thumb.jpeg.37e5c25f0c7515dd3d37246322d72883.jpegAnd, the trunk had not been searched yet?! Praying for something edible, Mordred rummaged around the trunk with closed eyes - and found a Simple Parka in almost perfect condition! After donning it, Mordred set out for the nearest fishing hut, leaving a trail of sticks so as not to get lost. He eventually got to it, lit a fire, and fished for seven straight hours, catching just a few whitefish and a smallmouth bass, and nearly dead from a trio of hunger, thirst, and exhaustion. He boiled water, staggered back to the cabin, ate his entire catch, and went to bed.
Total condition lost: 80%! (Total for this session)

RUMINATIONS: Ouch. Mordred will have to go to Pleasant Valley very soon, or he might not make it at all! There is no food left, and fishing has proved itself unsustainable. If he rushes, Mordred should be able to get to Pleasant Valley tomorrow. Imagine! A whole new region, filled with food and danger!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1