A Couple of Early Requests

KTDBS

I have been playing this for a week now and have a couple of early requests. First, let me say that I love this game. So much so that this is the very first game that has inspired me to take part in a forum....

Now, that being said.... two issues that I ran into (I posted to FB as well)... I have gotten stuck in a couple of places and was unable to get out because of being unable to jump. Having the ability to jump would be great... Another issue is that you cannot place a fire too far away from you, but you can place it on top of yourself. While building a fire in pitch black, I once accidentally placed it too close to myself and burned to death the moment the fire was built! A little embarrassing, but it seems to me that you shouldn't be able to place it so close to yourself and if you do place it too close, you should fail to completely build the fire as you would notice the heat before it's a roaring fire.

A couple of requests..... one person suggested snow shoes.... this is a great idea, I second it. Also, it would be great if the amount of weight a person can carry would increase to a point, with time. It seems to me that a person (as long as they are in good health and not starved or dehydrated) would learn to carry more weight over time. Another, small thing... is that you should be able to sleep in cars, on couches.... really, most anywhere. While it wouldn't be smart to sleep on the ground in the dead of winter, a person could if they chose to. I wouldn't make that choice. However, I have found myself waiting out a storm, tired, in the back seat of a car, wondering why I couldn't just lie down and take a nap.

Oh really? Haha.... Well, I still stand by my statement. Recently I survived a bear attack, but my bedroll didn't. I could not have slept in the back seat of a car, in this scenario. I don't think you should have to place a bedroll to sleep.

You don't need a bedroll to sleep in a car. Just use "Bedroll" option. If you have a bedroll, then it isn't used in a car (the quality remains same as it was before sleep)

I'm not sure I know what you mean. My bedroll was "ruined" in the bear attack and was no longer in my inventory. I clicked "bedroll" and it let me know that I no longer had one. Maybe that's not normal. My clothes were ruined as well, but they weren't missing.

Well, I assume you didn't try sleeping in a car when your bedroll was destroyed?

I once just tried to sleep in a car, because I read about it, and without having a bedroll in my inventory it worked just well.

No, you're right that I didn't. That's why I was confirming that it would work without a bedroll. I'm thankful to know that this is possible. My survivor survived a bear attack and, as luck would have it, there was a white out snow storm immediately after. I wandered aimlessly and then died after several hours. Oh well! Good to know for future games. :D

Here is some feedback on jump from Raph during the recent Reddit AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/thelongdark/com ... at/corpwz5

Thank you for this. Honestly, jump isn't as important as the ability to climb or step over ground that is slightly higher. I see, looking at this link, that others said the same thing. It's not as if real people are able to jump like video game characters. So, jumping is often unnecessary in real life.

Archived