TWM Mountaineers Hut Fire

Sito

Is this a bug or a new feature? The fireplace in the hut is behaving like an outdoor fire. I noticed this when I went to boil 2L of water so I set a fire time of 87 minutes. It takes 84 to boil water at L5 cooking. I went outside to watch the weather and when i heard the fire winding down I went to check the water. It said 15min to boiled dry. What?  I expected it to have a few more minutes to go.

So I collected the water and restarted the fire for another 87 minutes with 2L of water, went outside again to watch the weather but came back just as the water finished boiling. The fire still had 23 minutes more burn time left. That's 20 more that it should have.

I have never seen this before and I have lived in Mountaineers Hut for many many days over countless runs. Did something change with 2.00 or was I unobservant for thousands of hours of gameplay?

I may be wrong but I think the duration bonus is dependant on the players position not just the fire position. I can get it to work the opposite way,

For example, the little walled area just to the right of the door(if standing inside looking out) is a great sheltered place for an outdoor fire, where if standing next to it you will get the bonus duration , but if I go into the hut to sleep or craft for a few hours I do not get the bonus. 

• Upvote 2

You were naked? 

But yes I was outside. I remember something about player position is the factor. And I was outside and not just standing by the fire waiting for it to finish. That must be it.

Just now, Sito said:

You were naked? 

But yes I was outside. I remember something about player position is the factor. And I was outside and not just standing by the fire waiting for it to finish. That must be it.

Except for boots yes! I only wore them so I could use the crampons.  I wanted to see if it's possible to survive on pilgrim. So I kept a very keen eye on the fires!🙂