April Developer Diary

Admin

5 hours ago, _Rudolf_ said:

Let's be honest with each other. We all understand that sometimes we do not keep our promises. The reasons can be different: from laziness to heavy workload. To think that the diary is about to come out is stupid, you just have to wait until Raph and Katie find time for this diary. Let's all forget about Raph's promise, and just forget about waiting for the diary, whether it comes out tomorrow or next year.

I checked the statement again and my memory betrayed me. He didn't say "will come next week" as i thought. I know it is frustrating for people and the more passionate the higher the frustration. But Hinterland has kept all of their promises from 2014 to this day. Maybe they kept some much later, but i'm fine with that. They are far away from being Blizzard, Ubisoft or EA

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 6

I'm not worried. I'm absolutely anxious and can't wait for the next update, but not worried. Not once has Hinterland disappointed me. I play 95% of the time on survival mode and look forward to the next update. After I see it, I'll offer some feedback for what I would like to pay for going forward. 

TLD has been my favorite game of all since it came to Xbox.

• Upvote 1

Ah i found what i meant. Was a different source. From the General Discussion Subforum:

On 10/7/2022 at 10:49 PM, Admin said:

The latest Dev Diary is on its way. It contains a lot of valuable information. We are finalizing a couple of details, and we will share it as soon as we can (we're currently estimating around a week from now). 

Thank you again for your patience! 

Edited by Karl Grylls

Guest jeffpeng

The game isn't going to die anytime soon, nor are Hinterland risking anything they haven't risked already by taking the better part of a decade to deliver story mode. TLD has been on an iterative path for quite some time now, and the slow pace development has takes has done the game far more good than harm. It feels quite polished today, very much fleshed out, and there are no overly obvious things one could add that would actually "add" to the game without seriously taking away from it at the same time or simply diluting it.

Yes,you can add more gear or food, but unless it has something utterly distinctive about it it's pretty much redundant. Yes, you can add new regions, but unless they have something utterly distinctive about them they are just more space to run around in, and one could argue that TLD, by now, really is big enough a place to explore that one can take (real life) weeks doing just that.

In fact I am very, very impressed how Hinterland have managed to keep the game (Survival, that is) fresh and yet consistent over basically a decade, and while I am just as anxious for the big, new Update as everyone else apparently is, I'd rather have them take their time at this point and get it right.

1 hour ago, The Riddler said:

«Hi everyone -- we are working on the final details and necessary preparation for the Dev Diary. We know you're all very excited, and we're excited to share it with you, too» 

Thank you for your patience.  @Admin

Is the Dev Diary coming out today? 60 days ago you promised to release the Dev Diary at the end of September... September is over and we are waiting for more than two weeks...  This is awful 😱😱😱 

wad.png

Thanks for putting this on here. It didn't turn up on my unread page for some reason. 

Well since we're still getting just sound of hollow wind up here, I have to ask, has Raphael written anything of interest to his socials lately... you used to be able to read twitter feeds without being logged in, but not anymore, not really...

Edited by Mistral

We are putting the final touches on the Diary. This is one case where, given the subject matter (particularly around upcoming DLC), we decided to take some extra time to ensure the information we share is as useful and accurate as possible. 

Thank you, again, for your support. 

• Upvote 11
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Admin said:

We are putting the final touches on the Diary. This is one case where, given the subject matter (particularly around upcoming DLC), we decided to take some extra time to ensure the information we share is as useful and accurate as possible. 

Thank you, again, for your support. 

I guess since we’ve been waiting with abated breath for nearly three weeks now, waiting a few more days won’t hurt :).

• Upvote 3