April Developer Diary

Admin

Soon... from Raph's twitter- exciting stuff:

Raphael van Lierop (He/Him)

@RaphLife

Aiming to get the next Dev Diary out near the end of next week. I know I said this before but there's a lot going on over here. Will discuss: Paid Expansion title and general content reveal, pricing, Survival/Story split and Save Game handling, & new SKU plan for THE LONG DARK.

We'll also talk about release date target range (you already know we don't share specific dates until we are close), and a bunch of other stuff. All of this is probably the biggest change we've made to #thelongdark since we launched WINTERMUTE in 2017. And it sets up the future.

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

Soon... from Raph's twitter- exciting stuff:

Raphael van Lierop (He/Him)

@RaphLife

Aiming to get the next Dev Diary out near the end of next week. I know I said this before but there's a lot going on over here. Will discuss: Paid Expansion title and general content reveal, pricing, Survival/Story split and Save Game handling, & new SKU plan for THE LONG DARK.

We'll also talk about release date target range (you already know we don't share specific dates until we are close), and a bunch of other stuff. All of this is probably the biggest change we've made to #thelongdark since we launched WINTERMUTE in 2017. And it sets up the future.

lol, when the community members are better at informing the players than the company is...

Thanks @Valuable Hunting Knife

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

Very nice @Valuable Hunting Knife Wouldn't have seen it because i'm not on those platforms

What does SKU mean? Security Kernel Unit?

Also i'm exited about the date, content and price of the new DLCs

According to the comments on the original post, could be something linked to changes to the inventory?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_keeping_unit

1 hour ago, mfuegemann said:

@Admin: Could we please have some kind of regular update within this forum? It pains me how time and again news are released on Twitter or Steam without mentioning them here.

Thank You.

To be fair, what sort of update would that be? "BREAKING NEWS: More news coming next week!"

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, mfuegemann said:

@Admin: Could we please have some kind of regular update within this forum? It pains me how time and again news are released on Twitter or Steam without mentioning them here.

Thank You.

When we post information here, it is taken as a source of truth, and we take that responsibility seriously. We prioritize accuracy while still trying to keep the community informed, and sometimes that means waiting until we have a release date before making an official post. There are a number of threads where people seek information, and the most consistent and reliable way to ensure everyone sees new information is to post new information separately, whenever possible, so it doesn't get buried. 

We don't have an exact date for the next Dev Diary, though we are hoping to release it sometime next week. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Admin said:

When we post information here, it is taken as a source of truth, and we take that responsibility seriously. We prioritize accuracy while still trying to keep the community informed, and sometimes that means waiting until we have a release date before sharing information.

We don't have an exact date for the next Dev Diary, though we are hoping to release it sometime next week. 

to be fair, it doesn't have to be a breaking news that fills a full page. But a bit more communication would be good. Just things like Raphael posted shortly before E4 (the graph with the declining amount of crashes)

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 1:08 PM, Karl Grylls said:

to be fair, it doesn't have to be a breaking news that fills a full page. But a bit more communication would be good. Just things like Raphael posted shortly before E4 (the graph with the declining amount of crashes)

Thank you. We appreciate the feedback. 

• Upvote 1

I wonder if we get the September Dev Diary in October or November. Probably in October right. October of 2023? And it will be exclusively on Twitter. Maybe we'll be tweeted about the upcoming tweet soon.

Edited by Mistral
  • Like 1

I love the game but it needs a content update and im not talking about ep 5 im talking about survival mode. New mechnics, new animals, new clothing, new areas. Without it the game will die.

I wonder why the week delay ? What can you do in one week that is so gamechanging that you couldnt say ? Im affraid nothing really happened to the game since april. Hope im wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, James Hickok said:

I love the game but it needs a content update and im not talking about ep 5 im talking about survival mode. New mechnics, new animals, new clothing, new areas. Without it the game will die.

I wonder why the week delay ? What can you do in one week that is so gamechanging that you couldnt say ? Im affraid nothing really happened to the game since april. Hope im wrong.

If ytube is a reliable source then it might be because they are going on a retreat. It's their  first proper get together since COVID started.. 

I'd rather hear from them though but I'm sure they have their reasons .

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

There is nothing I can add that says it better than you James. Hinterland, Raph... they are running a HUGE risk of losing the very people who have supported them from the start. 

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 2