Xbox failing to read disc

Leeanda

Since story update my Xbox one S has been refusing to read the disc . I've tried an old disc and a new one in both consoles,also one older and one new one. Every other game works fine on both consoles it's just this one.. sometimes it takes up to 10 attempts to get it to work. Both discs are clean and have no scratches/marks.. 

Any advice please? Thanks.

23 minutes ago, SpanishMoss said:

Failing to read only that disc is a sign that the disc has a scratch on it. It's unlikely that it's the Xbox's fault or the games fault (because if it we're the games fault, the game would still appear, but not be useable) so fully check the entire disc. 

I have checked both discs thoroughly.  Sometimes it reads it straight away ,sometimes on the 9-10th attempt. I could understand it if it was just one disc but not two!  

I will check again though ,so thanks for the advice.

Edited by Leeanda

4 hours ago, SpanishMoss said:

You can check if it's your Xbox by putting the disc in another Xbox, if you don't have another ask a friend/co-worker if you can try it in theirs.

I have checked on another console. I have this new one which is only a few months old and my last one which is a few years old. Exactly the same problem on both.  I've checked both discs on both consoles.