Animal spawns nerfed after v2.00 Update?

ubu

Has anyone else noticed a drastic reduction in animal spawning with the latest 2.00 update? I was in Bleak Inlet around day 350 on Interloper I struggled to stay well fed. No rabbits in any of the normal locations, deer weren't were they should be so I lost well fed. I know animal spawns on the cheat maps aren't guaranteed all the time but then after moving to Forlorn Muskeg and Mystery Lake I am finding the same thing. No deer or rabbits. Thank goodness I ran into Mr Bear near trappers so I am good but traveling around I am not finding deer or rabbits in their normal spots.

Wanted opinions from others. Thanks

By the way, thanks so much for the hard work Hinterland. I love this game so much. Approaching 1,200 hours and still thoroughly enjoy it daily.

I've noticed it on pilgrim too. No rabbits or wolves in Keepers pass north. Nothing except one wolf and one deer in forlorn ,no rabbits in mystery or bleak. Only one bear in mystery  and no moose in PV for the first time ever..

Definitely a lack of deer and rabbits. Thought it was just me!🙂

I've found it to be very, very random.

In my current run, I've had areas where the expected wildlife is almost completely absent -- Blackrock Mt. - no deer or wolves along the road from the prison to the bridge & also none over towards Cook's Farm & the Foreman's Clear cut. No deer & only a couple of Timber-wolves on the road below the Power Plant going towards the trailer. Not one moose. But many wolves (including overlapping spawns with a wolf carcass still visible), a bear & rabbits within the Prison area and 4 or 5 deer down on the little bog below the Vista tower.

In the same game run, there were SIX deer between the road/bridge and the Outbuildings in Pleasant Valley -- and at one point in TWM there were 3 wolves who had taken down deer at the same time in the Plane Wing field as the bear plodded by unconcerned.

I've set snares behind Trapper's in ML when there were no visible rabbits and did catch a few in the morning.

(Pilgrim setting -- X-Box -- older saved run)

Edited by twyn1
Clarification

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...