Seasons in Wintermute

JohnnyLeutner

Wintermute occurs in a very limited span of time of nominally a few weeks.  

I believe that, quite early in development, the devs had aspirations of implementing seasons into the game world but, like a lot of things, had to scale back their thinking to what served the needs of the game they were developing.  

While I certainly would be all for seasons being added, sadly it's a bit of an unrealistic dream at this point in time. 

as @UTC-10said, seasons have been considered long in the past, but they have almost certainly been discarded by this point. The game has been focusing on it's winter survival for years now, and if new seasons were added then it would take several more years to get them to the point where winter is at currently in terms of features. And as it stands, I think that we are at the very least in the latter half of the games development as Wintermute is currently nearly done, and modding is now in the works, which in a way could indicate that Hinterland might be getting ready to "Hand the games development to the fans" so to speak (Not literally of course)

Also I doubt Hinterland would limit new seasons to only Wintermute as right now we only have episode 5 to go, and by the end of episode 4 it was still winter. Unless there is some sort of large time skip between episodes 4 and 5, or partway through episode 5, then there would be no reason for it to be spring, or any other season.

The only way for seasons to be a thing at this point is if TLD 2 becomes a thing, a hefty DLC comes out, or a team of talented mod devs decide to work on a mod for seasons. 

Edited by APixelatedLemon

No idea if this relates yet would like to say, I really enjoy what they've done with survival it's a lovely distraction happy to pay for dlc. Yet I'm a massive fan of winter mute (story) I'll be sad and excited because this part is told, what's next yippee. I'd like them to stay in Canada 🇨🇦 just in different part with different characters within same time frame that's connected to this or any of these character's. I'd also be happy with them doing or trying what "Life Is Strange did and gave you the full five chapters in one go, yes we may have a bigger wait for next installment but I've played through the story on this couple time's now and always enjoy it, Love it 😀  and if they did do that then cool there's plenty to do on survival to keep one busy. 

• 1 month later...

I always got the feeling that this is an ice age/extinction level event brought on by…. (Cue theories here) but the long and short is that it is perpetual winter.  Seasons of growth are both a distant memory, and an even more distant future.