Modding Suggestion for Somebody: Always Being Stalked

Pencil

Hey, I figured this idea would not fit well with the game, so I'm suggesting it as a mod instead. I know nothing about modding, but for anyone who likes the idea and wants to make a mod of it, here it is: 

You are always being stalked by predators. Anytime you step outside, all animals immediately start stalking you (or at least start walking in your direction.) All animals that are in the render distance, at least. 

So basically increase the detection range of all predators to basically infinite. For moose it would be different though since moose don't stalk you. Maybe don't change anything about the moose, just wolf and bear. 

7 hours ago, Pencil said:

Hey, I figured this idea would not fit well with the game, so I'm suggesting it as a mod instead. I know nothing about modding, but for anyone who likes the idea and wants to make a mod of it, here it is: 

You are always being stalked by predators. Anytime you step outside, all animals immediately start stalking you (or at least start walking in your direction.) All animals that are in the render distance, at least. 

So basically increase the detection range of all predators to basically infinite. For moose it would be different though since moose don't stalk you. Maybe don't change anything about the moose, just wolf and bear. 

hmm, why not try custom settings and set the wolf and bear settings to maximum numbers ramp up their aggression and set their detection range to max as well.
So in essence you end up with tons of super aggressive predators who can detect your presence from far away?  You can even set up the moose to spawn with greater frequency and those moose will stomp the crap outta you if you get too close as well.    

Might not be exactly what you were looking for, but it seems the fundamentals for what you are asking for already exist in the game.  You just gotta configure your game play a bit.  Have you had a chance to explore custom settings in this regard?  

9 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

hmm, why not try custom settings and set the wolf and bear settings to maximum numbers ramp up their aggression and set their detection range to max as well.
So in essence you end up with tons of super aggressive predators who can detect your presence from far away?  You can even set up the moose to spawn with greater frequency and those moose will stomp the crap outta you if you get too close as well.    

Might not be exactly what you were looking for, but it seems the fundamentals for what you are asking for already exist in the game.  You just gotta configure your game play a bit.  Have you had a chance to explore custom settings in this regard?  

I just tried a custom run with all of those settings to the max, and while the wildlife sees you from significantly farther away, you still have to get fairly close to them before they start stalking you. 

I guess what I am aiming for is a setting where you are basically always stinky with 3 scent bars. Whenever you step outside, most wildlife will immediately start walking in your direction. I guess the reason I suggest this is because the scent range can only go so far, even if the range is pretty far with all detection settings cranked up. 

Now that I think of it, I'm going to try that out sometime. Always carry several 0.1 kg meat portions so that I am always at 3 scent bars. 

1 hour ago, Pencil said:

Now that I think of it, I'm going to try that out sometime. Always carry several 0.1 kg meat portions so that I am always at 3 scent bars. 

When I first started playing stalker mode, I did not factor in how much attention I was going to get by carrying meat as I traveled.   
Wolves seemed to almost immediately hone in on my position and I literally had dozens of wolf encounters and struggles before I figured out that I was basically broadcasting my whereabouts by smelling delicious.    After I removed all the meat from my inventory it was the complete opposite.  
So I think you may have a found a good simple solution for the time being.  Let us know how it goes!

Here are some values of wildlife, from the mod called AnimalBehavior.

Those values are representing medium ingame settings. Eventually it can help to get an impression on distances.

Beware that i only have the values for the medium setting by this mods standard setting. I dont have values for higher or lower settings.

"wolf_smell_range": 100,
    "wolf_charging_range": 15,
    "wolf_detection_range": 75,
    "wolf_hear_range": 60,
    "wolf_detection_range_while_feeding": 20,
    "wolf_hear_range_while_feeding": 25,

"timberwolf_smell_range": 120,
    "timberwolf_detection_range": 90,
    "timberwolf_hear_range": 120,
    "timberwolf_detection_range_while_feeding": 35,
    "timberwolf_hear_range_while_feeding": 35,

"deer_detection_range": 40,