Faithful cartographer bug??

samppa_99

As you can see I have explored 100% and I have mapped every locations. And I still haven't gott faithfull cartographer trophy.

And I also have this surveyed locations bug which shows that I haven't mapped any locations. 

I asked on twitter "am I still able to get that trophy" 

And long dark twitter said "yes because It's only visual bug. 

So now what? Have you guys seen this one before?

16503778378736124203204266965029.jpg

16503779381717990665766723866473.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes, it is currently an active bug, hinterland says you can still get the achievement, but this is not the case. However, progress is still saved, so even though it says 0/212, it has still tracked and saved all mapped locations. You cant get the achievement though, until hinterland fixes it next patch 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SpanishMoss said:

Yes, it is currently an active bug, hinterland says you can still get the achievement, but this is not the case. However, progress is still saved, so even though it says 0/212, it has still tracked and saved all mapped locations. You cant get the achievement though, until hinterland fixes it next patch 

Thank you. I hope that I don't have to start over again.

This is a known issue we are working to resolve, but we can confirm that you can still earn the Faithful Cartographer Achievement. We will post an update as soon as one is available. Thank you for your patience. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I don't know if this will help your specific situation, but after the update my surveyed locations was blank as well. And randomly a couple of points I knew I hadn't mapped were showing at mapped. Later on when I "finished" mapping every location those points once again showed missing. Went back and actually mapped them and the trophy popped for me.

Guess what I'm saying is double check every region in the surveyed locations menu to make sure they still all show up with a check mark.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 2:49 AM, ZeroSix said:

Hi,

I got the achievement today.The visual bug is the problem. I play on ps5 with patch 2.0 and visual bug (No achievement).Then i started my old ps4 with an old version long dark (patch 1.93).Then i got my save from ps5 to ps4.I started long dark and saw the visual bug is gone.I mapped the last location again....Faithful Cartographer

Thanks for sharing. We're still working on this bug overall, but we appreciate the update!

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2022 at 8:09 PM, Admin said:

Thanks for sharing. We're still working on this bug overall, but we appreciate the update!

Is there a rough timeline for a fix? On Gamepass PC and have the same issue (all location checkmarks but 0/212) with achievement not unlocking.

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2022 at 9:17 AM, chainsaw said:

Is there a rough timeline for a fix? On Gamepass PC and have the same issue (all location checkmarks but 0/212) with achievement not unlocking.

We don't have a confirmed release date as of yet, but we are prioritizing a number of bugs/improvements including this one, and hope to have a fix in the next couple of weeks (depending on whether any additional issues come up). We'll post an update as soon as we can confirm when this fix is going out. 

Thank you for your patience. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I went for it anyways on my long term stalker run and....no dice. Collected every polaroid and surveyed every location, checklist confirms it but no achievement.

edit - This is on steam.

Edited by KirbyAWD
Added platform

• 3 weeks later...

After nearly 5 years I finally became one of the 0.02% to achieve the Faithful Cartographer achievement on the Xbox version.  I can confirm it is possible to achieve this on the Xbox in the 2.00-91441 build.  The last location I needed was the Frozen Delta in Bleak Inlet.  I found the location and surveyed but it would not trigger.  Once I found the Polaroid for the view from the radio tower and surveyed from there, the small black patch that still remained in the Delta region disappeared and my achievement unlocked.

I had the visual glitch of 0/212 for locations and I have roughly 5 locations that are unchecked.  When reveling which locations they are, they are all "to cave system" or other transition locations that I have gone back over to try to map them.  The one I can't seem to get is in Mountain Town. 

Another glitch I notice is that sometimes when I reveal the locations to see what is needed, the text up top gets garbled and when I go into that menu later I can only scroll down three levels before it brings me back to the top of the page.

Build #2.00 91441 Xbox One

8-19-2022_9-44-29_AM-c3oqc5g4.png

Screenshot_20220819-100651.png

On 8/19/2022 at 7:07 AM, Plankeye101 said:

After nearly 5 years I finally became one of the 0.02% to achieve the Faithful Cartographer achievement on the Xbox version.  I can confirm it is possible to achieve this on the Xbox in the 2.00-91441 build.  The last location I needed was the Frozen Delta in Bleak Inlet.  I found the location and surveyed but it would not trigger.  Once I found the Polaroid for the view from the radio tower and surveyed from there, the small black patch that still remained in the Delta region disappeared and my achievement unlocked.

I had the visual glitch of 0/212 for locations and I have roughly 5 locations that are unchecked.  When reveling which locations they are, they are all "to cave system" or other transition locations that I have gone back over to try to map them.  The one I can't seem to get is in Mountain Town. 

Another glitch I notice is that sometimes when I reveal the locations to see what is needed, the text up top gets garbled and when I go into that menu later I can only scroll down three levels before it brings me back to the top of the page.

Build #2.00 91441 Xbox One

8-19-2022_9-44-29_AM-c3oqc5g4.png

Screenshot_20220819-100651.png

Congrats!