Lets hear the communities suggestions for new playable zones!

Larryfine

1 minute ago, MattD said:

@conanjaguar interesting idea. As much as I'd like to see something like the bayonet, I think it could effect the game balance in a way the devs (and many players) wouldn't like. It would be fantastic as a DLC option though! A family of bears would be a neat adversary too. Considering 1 bear can be a challenge, multiple would be boss-level. I'd go toe to toe with them if the reward is worth the risk! 

They could balance the bayonet by making it much less efficient when harvesting cloth, but that would be unrealistic. Perhaps make it heavier? Or, when mounted on the rifle, it acts as a 17-18th century style plug bayonet, so the rifle cannot be fired while using it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 7:24 PM, MattD said:

Here's my very rough "map" for Great Bear Basin. It's hand-drawn and not exactly to scale. It's also missing a lot of things. Map making isn't my forte, but it should give you an idea of how I see it. 20220711_190747.thumb.jpg.e59a630545506745ad62e888a5b567b5.jpg

Yes, very rough, low-quality map. Definitely not WAY better than anything I can draw and can’t POSSIBLY be INCREDIBLY cool. It is just not ANY of those things.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, florpman said:

Yes, very rough, low-quality map. Definitely not WAY better than anything I can draw and can’t POSSIBLY be INCREDIBLY cool. It is just not ANY of those things.

Go easy on @MattD. At least he did admit that his map wasn’t that good. In fact, combined with his description:

On 7/11/2022 at 11:37 AM, MattD said:

I've been daydreaming of a new region called Great Bear Basin, located above Mystery Lake and in between Blackrock and Mountain Town. You know, that very large open area on the Great Bear Island map. I think it could be the largest zone in the game (2-3x the size of PV). It would be like a hybrid of Hushed River Valley, Pleasant Valley, Timberwolf Mountain, and Forlorn Muskeg. It has some man-made shelters, including one large facility similar to Hibernia. The majority of the region, however, is more wilderness-based like HRV and TM. As the name suggests, bears are plentiful. If Cougars are eventually introduced to the game, they would spawn in this zone as well. While the weather is a bit more tame than PV, the abundant wildlife would be the main challenge in this zone. That, and navigating this massive region filled with weak ice, climbing areas, bountiful resources, explorable cave systems, and other challenging terrains. I've sketched out a rough map of this region and will try to attach it here later if anyone is interested. Entrances to the zone could be from any or all of the surrounding zones. One entrance could possibly be via a transitional zone. To sweeten the pot so to speak, a new craftable item could be found here. Similar to noisemakers, once the item is found it could be crafted later. A good contender in my opinion would be the bear spear, but it could also be something else. There's many good ideas on this forum so i'll leave that open-ended. Any tweaks or criticism are welcome! 

It gives a general idea of what it would be all about. I think that I will take it to a drawing program and touch it up a bit.

If it makes you happy, we can include some Darkwalker goodies in there as well...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Go easy on @MattD. At least he did admit that his map wasn’t that good. In fact, combined with his description:

It gives a general idea of what it would be all about. I think that I will take it to a drawing program and touch it up a bit.

If it makes you happy, we can include some Darkwalker goodies in there as well...

I think... I'm not sure, but I have a feeling... like @florpman was being sarcastic and actually ment the complete opposite of what they said.

A very Dangerous map deep in the woods with a lot of wildlife scattered all around. the map is as big as pleasant valley, easy to get lost, and the only two human made buildings are a small airport and a motel for hunters. I think we lack an airport in the game but usualy airports are in big towns and i think we have already a good amount of towns in tld so that may be a good alternative. 

Another idea:

I love cave exploring but most of the time when we explore caves its not easy to get lost and they serve specific functions : getting from point A to B and collecting coal.

What about map where the is a cave that is so large that its entrance is near the border of the map and the furthest exit is at the complete opposite of that map ? What about a cave that could only be explored by well prepared explorators, at the risk of their lives. That cave could have multiple levels, giant crevasses where you dont see the bottom, stalagmites, glow in the dark lichen and more. Lost and hungry predators would patroll the tunnels and you would have to fight them or find a way around. A bit like the ice caves but much bigger and more impressive. a real treat to the one who dares to explore it. 

• Upvote 4

On 8/7/2022 at 11:27 AM, oplli said:

A very Dangerous map deep in the woods with a lot of wildlife scattered all around. the map is as big as pleasant valley, easy to get lost, and the only two human made buildings are a small airport and a motel for hunters. I think we lack an airport in the game but usualy airports are in big towns and i think we have already a good amount of towns in tld so that may be a good alternative. 

Another idea:

I love cave exploring but most of the time when we explore caves its not easy to get lost and they serve specific functions : getting from point A to B and collecting coal.

What about map where the is a cave that is so large that its entrance is near the border of the map and the furthest exit is at the complete opposite of that map ? What about a cave that could only be explored by well prepared explorators, at the risk of their lives. That cave could have multiple levels, giant crevasses where you dont see the bottom, stalagmites, glow in the dark lichen and more. Lost and hungry predators would patroll the tunnels and you would have to fight them or find a way around. A bit like the ice caves but much bigger and more impressive. a real treat to the one who dares to explore it. 

Add fog as the primary weather for your forest and you’ll get lost for sure!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, florpman said:

It was sarcasm, because it is actually a very good map

Thanks florpman! There's a lot I wanted to improve on that map, so I started a new one with a true topographical layout including paths and places on top of Great Bear Mountain. It's challenging to map elevation in this format though. Regardless, it's all in good fun. Daydreaming on paper lol @conanjaguar nice of you to have my back when I was away from the forums 👍 TLD community is awesome! 

• Upvote 2