Drinking Time

hozz1235

No, this isn't a post about consuming alcoholic beverages! :)

Ever notice that however thirsty you are (according to the thirst meter), it takes the same amount of time to drink water?  I would think this works similar to the mechanics for breaking ice on a fishing hole - the less frozen over the hole is, the less time it takes to free of the ice.  If I need to drink 3 cups of water vs 1 cup, shouldn't it take 3 times as long?  This is assuming that the protagonist drinks at the same rate regardless of quantity.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

I don't drink unless I'm completely parched. My go-to strategy is to wait until I'm fully parched, then eat all my thirsty food first. Then eat any hydrating food second, and lastly drink water to top myself off.

I typically do the same.  Really, the only exception to this is when I'm getting ready to sleep for 8+ hours - then I will top off my thirst meter.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 4:08 AM, hozz1235 said:

No, this isn't a post about consuming alcoholic beverages! :)

Ever notice that however thirsty you are (according to the thirst meter), it takes the same amount of time to drink water?  I would think this works similar to the mechanics for breaking ice on a fishing hole - the less frozen over the hole is, the less time it takes to free of the ice.  If I need to drink 3 cups of water vs 1 cup, shouldn't it take 3 times as long?  This is assuming that the protagonist drinks at the same rate regardless of quantity.

Guess, it's about an Unity engine mechanism and The Long Dark internal routines. A same about a sleep timer. You can sleep a 9 hours or a 1 hour in The Long Dark, that will take a same time in reality. I have no blame to The Long Dark about this. Me have a little experience in coding in Unity engine and i know how hard to code a timing between a scenes. So, it's OK for me. Raphael and Hinterland team did really good.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:12 PM, Wonderland wanderer said:

Guess, it's about an Unity engine mechanism and The Long Dark internal routines. A same about a sleep timer. You can sleep a 9 hours or a 1 hour in The Long Dark, that will take a same time in reality. I have no blame to The Long Dark about this. Me have a little experience in coding in Unity engine and i know how hard to code a timing between a scenes. So, it's OK for me. Raphael and Hinterland team did really good.

Refer to my original post, specifically about how the Fishing timer doesn't behave the same way.