Playing with mods since the update

piddy3825

So after having read about the updates, and taking particular notice of this passage in Hinterlands update post:

"Please note that this update will likely impact any mods you may have installed or have created. While we don’t provide any official support for mods, please feel free to visit our Mod Forum with any questions and we will monitor questions to help where we can."

I was curious to see what mods were "broken" since the update but I didn't want to jeopradize any of my current save game files so 
I launched a new game this afternoon to see what if anything wasn't working.   

Out of the dozens of mods now available for TLD that I've installed and played for the past few months,
he only one I have found so far that apparently isn't working is the toilet paper mod.
Definitely not a deal breaker as the mod only places a non interactive roll or rolls of tp, generally in spots where you'e expect to find one. And then again sometimes not. lol

So far, it seems safe to say the overall majority of mods available thru xpazeman that I've installed are working as normal.  The only thing I noticed in launching the new game is that all my saved settings appear to have been reset to game default standards.  again not so much an issue imho.

So I'm curious, if your a modder what issues have you found with your game since the update?

8 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Out of the dozens of mods now available for TLD that I've installed and played for the past few months,
he only one I have found so far that apparently isn't working is the toilet paper mod.
Definitely not a deal breaker as the mod only places a non interactive roll or rolls of tp, generally in spots where you'e expect to find one. And then again sometimes not. lol

It's strange. I just downloaded and installed the toilet paper mod, and it's working fine. Does it mean that there was an error if it wasn't working? Or does the item not spawn?

If you don't mind, could you post a log to Discord's troubleshooting channel for bot error analysis?

image.png.83cb13399db9a97f65114a31bcd596ca.png 

image.thumb.png.3cabcef1178dd3bdf802890993f06705.png

On 4/9/2022 at 2:50 AM, stmSantana said:

It's strange. I just downloaded and installed the toilet paper mod, and it's working fine. Does it mean that there was an error if it wasn't working? Or does the item not spawn?

If you don't mind, could you post a log to Discord's troubleshooting channel for bot error analysis?

image.png.83cb13399db9a97f65114a31bcd596ca.png 

image.thumb.png.3cabcef1178dd3bdf802890993f06705.png

ok, I did a new install of tp mod and found tp.

just not able to pick it up or anything.  
Looks like from your pic you can pickup?
can't move it or touch it but at least it's kinda working?

It's strange that you can't pick it up because TP is a simple item mod like furniture and wall decorations. 
And since the TP mod is version 1.00, you can't have the wrong version.
Probably interference with other mods. It should be related to the collider. I want to find out the cause of the trouble, but it requires a complete log file.

However, If you can pick up other ModComponent items Mods (food, tables, etc.) normally, but don't touch the toilet paper or the crosshairs (mouse pointer) don't show the TP item name, Please tell me it clearly. I'll try a quick fix that doesn't cause TP to collide with other mods.

Edited by stmSantana

8 hours ago, stmSantana said:

However, If you can pick up other ModComponent items Mods (food, tables, etc.) normally, but don't touch the toilet paper or the crosshairs (mouse pointer) don't show the TP item name, Please tell me it clearly. I'll try a quick fix that doesn't cause TP to collide with other mods.

exactly as you've stated.  I am able to pickup and interact with all other mod items, food, tables etc.  I do not get any crosshair or mouse pointer on the TP item.

9 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

exactly as you've stated.  I am able to pickup and interact with all other mod items, food, tables etc.  I do not get any crosshair or mouse pointer on the TP item.

Please try removing Items_TP.modcomponent, which is currently in the Mods folder, and then installing this new version.

https://github.com/stmSantana/ToiletPaper/releases/tag/v1.0.1