Lost Progress

What a joke this game is. I put it down for a few months because it kept crashing every 15-20 mins (ps4). Got back on yesterday because I saw there was a patch, hoping the crashes are fixed and what do I find? All my feats, badges, challenges and 350 day interloper character gone. Just gone. Downloaded cloud save…… nothing. Contact support, and this is word for word here…. “Sorry you lost all your progress, but we made some changes to prevent players from  losing in game progress due to corruption”  … Good to know! Too bad in the process you delete all your long term player base’s progress. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry you lost all that work, it must be frustrating to say the least. But having a go at HTL isn't gonna help. They do their best to  give us the best game possible and what so many people keep asking for. They don't ask for anything back either.   

And if it  helps further problems from recurring in the future  then surely that's worth it in the long run? 

• Upvote 2

Apologies for the loss of progress, it was likely caused by the many different updates that took place between the time you dropped and picked the game back up or an issue with the ps4 memory, but I wouldn't know, but insulting Hinterland isn't going to fix anything.

Perhaps, too look on the bright side, you can start the game fresh again, and experience it as though you had just played it for the first time, something that long term players often wish for. 

Anyway, hope your progress does return, got to remember the engine was just updated, and there are likely to be new bugs surfacing, but they are sure to be patched out in no time!

• Upvote 2

• Admin locked this topic
5 hours ago, PureIncarnate said:

What a joke this game is. I put it down for a few months because it kept crashing every 15-20 mins (ps4). Got back on yesterday because I saw there was a patch, hoping the crashes are fixed and what do I find? All my feats, badges, challenges and 350 day interloper character gone. Just gone. Downloaded cloud save…… nothing. Contact support, and this is word for word here…. “Sorry you lost all your progress, but we made some changes to prevent players from  losing in game progress due to corruption”  … Good to know! Too bad in the process you delete all your long term player base’s progress. 

We completely understand that losing progress is frustrating, and we apologize for this experience. We welcome constructive criticism and feedback, but we are closing this post as it violates our Forum guidelines. For more information, please visit: 

While this issue does not appear to be widespread, if anyone has additional information, please reach out to us via the Support Portal: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

We are taking this report seriously, and we continue to monitor the situation. Thank you for your patience. 

• Upvote 1

• Admin changed the title to Lost Progress