FYI - Known Issues [April 6, 2022]

Admin

Hi Community,

We just released the v2.00 Update! Please note that we are also working on a couple of known issues:

• Steam Deck: Players who use the Frame Lock option during gameplay may see black rectangles instead of tree art. There may also be an increased chance of crashes.
  • Players on PS4 may notice that they are missing HDR after the update. Additionally, this issue could mean that brightness controls might not work. We are working to resolve this.

• All Platforms: Surveyed Locations are not accurate in the Collections > Surveyed Locations section of the Player's journal. Players will still be able to Survey locations, check which locations need to be discovered, and unlock the Faithful Cartographer Achievement.
  • All Platforms: The voice Volume Slider audio option will not change the volume of voice lines.

We are working to remedy these issues and will provide an update when one is available. If you would like to let us know about any other bugs, please reach out to us via our Support Portal.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for playing The Long Dark!

• Upvote 1

• Admin pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Hawk said:

I sure hope you folks get this fixed soon. I'm one of those folks that prefer to play with no dialogue, audio or textual.

BTW, thanks for all the other fixes. 😀

You're very welcome! 

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, Admin said:

• All Platforms: The voice Volume Slider audio option will not change the volume of voice lines.

Hello. Similar issue I face with Brightness slider on PS4. Brightness can't be changed at all at the moment. I have raised a ticket. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, piorun314 said:

Hello. Similar issue I face with Brightness slider on PS4. Brightness can't be changed at all at the moment. I have raised a ticket. 

We just updated the Known Issues list with the following line:

• Players on PS4 may notice that they are missing HDR after the update. Additionally, this issue could mean that brightness controls might not work. We are working to resolve this.

We appreciate the patience and support from the community. This is not an exhaustive list, but please don't hesitate to reach out if your issue isn't listed. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

The "Attempt to save game failed.  Check that sufficient storage is available" bug is back. I was able to play for a couple of weeks after updating to 2.00 on my long run and now it won't save my progress again.

Xbox one X

I thought this had been fixed...

I'm wary to start a new run,  plough weeks/ months in to it only to have the same issue again. 

It's one of the old bugs that keeps resurfacing- see this post in 2017

Many other reports of the same issue online eg

Also the issue is on multiple platforms... with the likely same origin - long runs with lots of save data ? 

Edited by Murpharoo

18 hours ago, Murpharoo said:

The "Attempt to save game failed.  Check that sufficient storage is available" bug is back. I was able to play for a couple of weeks after updating to 2.00 on my long run and now it won't save my progress again.

Xbox one X

I thought this had been fixed...

I'm wary to start a new run,  plough weeks/ months in to it only to have the same issue again. 

It's one of the old bugs that keeps resurfacing- see this post in 2017

Many other reports of the same issue online eg

Also the issue is on multiple platforms... with the likely same origin - long runs with lots of save data ? 

We responded to your message on another thread, but we're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Please file a ticket via our Support Portal so we can investigate and monitor these issues: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

On 5/14/2022 at 2:25 AM, Ghurcb said:

Blackrock doesn't show up in my "surveyed locations" menu. Is that a known issue?

image.thumb.png.981d969c996aa0b0a92ee5a6b4eae0c9.png

Blackrock isn't included in the Faithful Cartographer Achievement, and will not be included on the list of Surveyed Locations. Thank you for your question! 

8 hours ago, Admin said:

Blackrock isn't included in the Faithful Cartographer Achievement, and will not be included on the list of Surveyed Locations. Thank you for your question! 

My inner completionist feels betrayed. It is weird that all the other new locations were included into Faithful Cartographer (Bleak Inlet, Ash Canyon), but Blackrock wasn't. Still, thanks for answering my question

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! During the game, I noticed such a funny bug: the texture of a fallen tree is included in the texture of another. Looks funny.) The exact location was indicated in the first screenshot. have a nice day!

bug lol.png

screen_2dd92dfb-8de6-422a-aecb-5e95a0afc2f1_hi.png

Edited by Mivizor
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, Admin said:

Hi Community,

We just released the v2.00 Update! Please note that we are also working on a couple of known issues:

Its being 3 months I cannot play TLD on my PS4 as each indoor location requires to use a source of light what is extremely inconvenient. I assumed that fix of brightness control wouldn't take so much time. Please can I know what's the time perspective here ? I hope this defect is in some queue .

• Upvote 1

On 7/10/2022 at 8:10 AM, piorun314 said:

Its being 3 months I cannot play TLD on my PS4 as each indoor location requires to use a source of light what is extremely inconvenient. I assumed that fix of brightness control wouldn't take so much time. Please can I know what's the time perspective here ? I hope this defect is in some queue .

We hope to have a fix for this and some other issues in the next couple of weeks (depending on whether anything new comes up during the fix). It can take a long time to test the game, which is partly why we are separating Survival and Story Mode. This will make future updates much faster. 

Thank you for your patience. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 2:23 AM, Admin said:

We responded to your message on another thread, but we're sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Please file a ticket via our Support Portal so we can investigate and monitor these issues: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us 

Is there really a fix for these save game issues? Has someone really been given a solution how to fix these issues or is it just me who doesn't even get a reply from support? 🤔

5 hours ago, karnuvaari said:

Is there really a fix for these save game issues? Has someone really been given a solution how to fix these issues or is it just me who doesn't even get a reply from support? 🤔

No fix.  Still unable to play months and months and months later.  So many bugs that go unfixed or resurface.  I  figure we are the playtesters?

I can only assume the delay is due to separating Wintermute from Sandbox but one can only imagine how many new bugs will appear then....😱🙈

On 8/8/2022 at 6:25 AM, Murpharoo said:

No fix.  Still unable to play months and months and months later.  So many bugs that go unfixed or resurface.  I  figure we are the playtesters?

I can only assume the delay is due to separating Wintermute from Sandbox but one can only imagine how many new bugs will appear then....😱🙈

That is part of the delay -- that and ensuring that we address bugs before we release the Update. 

We know it can take a while, and we really do appreciate your patience. We are hoping to have an update very soon, and we will share more information as soon as we can. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 9:27 PM, Forrest said:

On PlayStation brightness issue is still not resolved 

.please fix it ASAP . It's been months to this issue 

20221015_012657.jpg

Please at least let us know how long this will take, it’s been over 6 months, and it really effects many players’, mine included, ability to play the game. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, pewt_newt said:

Please at least let us know how long this will take, it’s been over 6 months, and it really effects many players’, mine included, ability to play the game. 

We are still working to resolve this issue, and we will share more information as soon as it is available. We don't have a date at this time, but we understand your frustration and we appreciate your patience. 

On 11/3/2022 at 1:41 AM, Admin said:

We are still working to resolve this issue, and we will share more information as soon as it is available. We don't have a date at this time, but we understand your frustration and we appreciate your patience. 

Alright and thank you for the reply, even knowing the team are still working on it helps. I appreciate your understanding, I hope it’s resolvable soon :) 

• 6 months later...

I did not see some of my recently reported issues so I thought I would list them Xbox series X

• Transfer pass and Forsaken Airfield acorn textures appear as black rectangles 

• aurora bears stutter while moving and looping smell animation (repeatable)

• aurora wolves loop the howl and bark animation (repeatable)

• Moose not bleating or calling only breathing sounds (repeatable)

•Moose freezing after being in view while etching map

•variant items not spawning (one run no Vaughns another Vaughns but no other variants scenes and related items ie bodies with arrows bullets ect were there but no item) (repeatable?)

•Broken mesh in the mountain hillside to the rear of Broken Railroad maintenance shed billy goating the path from the rickety bridge climbing rope resulting in an inescapable pitfall(repeatable and game breaking)

• sleeping in aircraft without the use of sleeping bag results in dashboard crash(repeatable)

•snow shelters occasionally double spawn resulting in being stuck inside if you are able to leave the one you entered and get out field of view is limited to the range you have in shelter left right 180° until you interact with a container (random) 

•Journal unable to take notes pressing a to activate the keypad and enter note doesn’t function and error sound plays(repeatable)

• Journal force revealing locations and then closing the menu without backing out of the location tab causes the entire tab to glitch until game reset (repeatable)

Edited by Enigmaecho
Additional information

On 5/16/2022 at 11:15 PM, Ghurcb said:

My inner completionist feels betrayed. It is weird that all the other new locations were included into Faithful Cartographer (Bleak Inlet, Ash Canyon), but Blackrock wasn't. Still, thanks for answering my question

You don’t need a checklist to stay faithful pal let me tell you though, mapping the airfield is a bear the region is so big you’re going to go through at least 100 charcoal