Survival

Survival mode is designed to delete your save upon death. This can make every death a learning experience, so you can take what you learned and try to live longer with the next character. This is a key design decision and likely won't ever be changed. Wintermute isn't Permadeath like survival, so you don't have to worry about losing everything upon death. I personally love the permadeath feature of survival mode, and even if I lose a long term character, I learn from my mistakes, and always get excited to start fresh with a new character.

Hope this helps! Survival mode can be quite difficult, but if you keep pushing onward, you'll master it in no time!

And remember, there's always the Forums, and you can always ask the community for help!

• Upvote 3

First off, cursing is discouraged in this forum so please use more polite language 🙂  

@Smellyfries is completely right, the game deliberately deletes your saves. Imo if you could just reload a file when you died, it would eliminate what most, if not everyone here, loves about TLD: the risk. Weighing up possible options as one false move ends up with the save gone forever. If they just let you reload, difficult situations become a lot less tense

If you have requests like this, please post them in the correct subforum (the wishlist forum) 

Edited by Catlover
  • Upvote 3

I love it when the newbies get all pissy.  
especially when they get all argumentative and demanding like OP.

Been a member for almost 2 years now and his first post is:

"I don't care who you are, what part you had to do in the development of this game or what you have to say, just fix it."

Hey Raph!  Drop what your doing and get to fixing this asap! 
I need warp drive in two minutes or we're all gonna die!!!!

😂😂😂

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I have to say though it would be fair if all consoles had multisaves like the PC does! And I think it's up to the player if they want to reload a save. Personally I would use them but only if I lost a run through bugs or technical issues!