Fishing Huts and Wolves

DenverDad

Hi all! New player as of a few days ago and my first post. Let me start by saying thank you for making this game. I am truly enjoying the sandboxes! More on that later in a more appropriate place. What I actually wanted to talk about is fishing huts and wolves.

I've made it to the fishing huts in the Mystery Lake sandbox a few times now. Fishing seems like a great way to load up on food in a pinch even if you risk breaking your line every time you try and sometimes don't catch anything at all. Because of this I spend a lot of time in the fishing huts until my line is spent and I have to move on.

What I've noticed is that wolves will not attack me inside the huts. I'm not sure if its because the stove is lit (because I've always had it going) or because of a pathing issue. They can obviously see me because I've had several of them charge the hut only to end up running up against the outer wall and not actually getting in.

Is this a bug or by design? It seems like a bug since they are actively trying to get in but can't. If it is a bug it would be nice to know so when it gets fixed I don't make the mistake of hiding in the huts anymore. :lol:

Thank you Ryan. I did note that you all asked us not to repost duplicate bugs so I searched for this before I posted it. I found a thread where someone mentioned something similar but didn't see a definitive answer and wasn't sure if this was the exact same problem so I posted it. My apologies if it is a duplicate.

I was once trapped in a fishing hut with 3 wolves outside, thought it was weird they wouldn't come in to attack me. Now that I know its because of the fire - i wont risk hiding in there fully loaded with raw meat without a fire - done that several times guess i was very lucky

I haven't stayed for long in a fishing hut due to some bad experiences with fluffy :-) But as far as I remember the fire in the stove was never burning and the wolves didn't come in either. So this was kind of a "path problem". Has this really been fixed? Will the wolves lose interest eventually?

I've done a bit of testing myself regarding this issue (playing Stalker mode).

To cut a long story short: Unless I was sleeping, no wolf was ever able to enter an ice fishing hut, regardless whether I had a fire burning in the stove or not.^^

This occured both if I A) approached the wolf outside and then escaped into the fishing hut or B) just stood inside the fishing hut carrying raw fish/meat that was smelled by the wolves making them try to get inside.

The wolves just behave as if there was no doorframe, run against the side and back walls and bark. After some time they lose interest and walk away.

I've finally managed to take two screenshot of wolves "ignoring" the doorframe (no fire was lit in the stove).

The wolf in the upper picture is running around the hut, trying to get inside. The wolf in the lower picture already lost interest (presumably because it couldn't find a path inside) and walks away.

Hope it helps. :)

screen_590e5a17-5461-4e57-90b2-f52079920

screen_eaced822-c7a8-47ab-99bd-66f7e8bde

I've done a bit of testing myself regarding this issue (playing Stalker mode).

To cut a long story short: Unless I was sleeping, no wolf was ever able to enter an ice fishing hut, regardless whether I had a fire burning in the stove or not.^^

This has been my experience in voyageur as well. Wolves never enter a fishing cabin while I'm awake.

Archived