Nuclear power plant level

pikkue

Hi there,

I'd love to have a nuclear ruin in a level, since I love the setting!

As well, living around it could be more dangerous, as a sudden geomagnetic storm would've very likely caused a crash due to no cooling.

Would be nice if it had a Stalker-like envoirment, not talking about zombiewoves or trash like that, but a subconscious threatening experience :)

there's no nuclear power in BC.. or anywhere in northern Canada. so you'd be left with come other type of nuclear incident-- a warhead/bomb attack, shipment of radioactive materials incident etc.

I'm not convinced its a setting that fits the game imo

I'll admit, I really like the hydro dam; I think it could have even been a bit larger... It's spooky in general and quite tense when you first enter. Pretty sure my first death was there :)

Maybe it's the contrast with the rest of the environment that makes its work so well? So, I guess additional small industrial-type sites could work too. Maybe a fish hatchery? those are not uncommon in BC. Saw mill would fit the current theme well also (a little stereotypical maybe! bring on the plaid shirts). Both of these can be found in fairly isolated areas as well..

What about an abandoned military complex instead of a nuclear power plant? It would neither need to be large nor have any visible purpose. I would find it intriguing and spooky to find some remote and abandoned military installation with unknown purpose. And you do get them in so many places... there should even be some in Canada.

It'd be pretty interesting to come across another facility somewhere. Something fairly complex. It'd be even more fun if it were an underground facility. The idea is that it's dark and you'd need to have a lantern or torch to get around. Ideally there would be many turns so that you can't just hug the wall.

It'd be an interesting test of resource management (lantern fuel/torches)

So after gathering some opinions, maybe this idea was a bit shortminded :)

Was watching a documentary about fukushima, so thats how the idea came up.

Tho, there was that one idea around the last days, someone saying that maybe there could be an area being much more dangerous but containing better loot. Might be the same idea in a way.

Generally I'm more into nature and small shacks and cottages, too.

What about an abandoned military complex instead of a nuclear power plant? It would neither need to be large nor have any visible purpose. I would find it intriguing and spooky to find some remote and abandoned military installation with unknown purpose. And you do get them in so many places... there should even be some in Canada.

many ideas! thanks for your feedback :)

It'd be pretty interesting to come across another facility somewhere. Something fairly complex. It'd be even more fun if it were an underground facility. The idea is that it's dark and you'd need to have a lantern or torch to get around. Ideally there would be many turns so that you can't just hug the wall.

It'd be an interesting test of resource management (lantern fuel/torches)

Excellent! Light resource management for a change! Ohhh, I like it. You come into this strange place from the great outdoors, where you had to fear running out of food, freezing or falling victim to wolves. Now your anxiety is directed at ending up lost in darkness... but still you must venture inside, there might be valuable loot down there on which your life could depend in the near future... you could stumble upon locked doors with locks to pick, or upon safes with intricate combinations to unravel, all taking sooo much time while your lamp/flare/match is ever burning down... :twisted:

A nuclear power plant is too much for this game, but coming across some sort of industrial area is no out of scope. Like an abandoned Lumber Mill or a proper mining town(with the added tragedy of most of the miners being trapped below because of the geomagnetic event)

Archived