Ventured into Forloren Muskeg in hope to find a heavy hammer

exeexe

Searched all the sports for the heavy hammer on Mystery lake. Was around the camp house so it was naturally for me to proceed onwards to Forloren Muskeg. The difficulty was stalker, i have played on interlopper before but i only play rarely now. Some days earlier i had missclicked and eaten raw bear meat. The punishment for that mistake was swift and i got internal parasites.  My energy bar was getting lower and lower. I think max energy was somewhere around 50% to 75%.

Anyway i came from the fishing huts to try and find the hammer there in the night. I came to the campsite didnt even go inside since there is no hammer in there. So i walked onwards to Forloren muskeg. I was freezing already and tired. I made it to the train wreck. Clothes was wet as it had been snowing and also i wanted to experiement a little with the wet clothing mechanism. I started a fire not much only 6 hours. Enough to make water, sleep a little to get energy bar up and warm up clothes. When i woke up the weather was nice i wasnt freezing but there was a fog. I thought its alright im not freezing i have enough food and water and i can make a snowshelter. Everything was going according to the plan. I followed the railroad towards the forge. At some point i had to turn left, i decided i should turn left at this point. It was a nice walk. I think i got a little confused about my direction and where i was but it was okay. There was only one thing to worry about i was running low on energy. So i thought well im confused about my whereabouts, why not sleep for 1 hour the fog has maybe cleared up by then. Since it was warm i decided to just put the bedroll on the ground.

Bang slap Bang! I woke up with a freeking bear mauling me. Well i guess i was in bear territory and i hadnt thought off it. The bear walked away leaving me to die with ~15% hp and bleeding. I quickly bandaged myself up ran away and treated my infection. Slowly the ground got more and more firm and raised about water level. I was out of the bog. But where was i and where should i go? I had a good idea about where i was on the map but i didnt knew the details of this region. I came across a bridge and that gave me a good indication that i was on the right track. But now it got dusk or night and it was time to hunker down since i knew there would be wolves on my path towards the forge. There is a cave nearby but i failed to located it so i put a fire near a cliff and hoped for the best. i think i put a fire of 3 hours and slept 2 hours. I woke up and the wind had changed and there was only a few minutes left of the fire. I put some sticks on the fire and now i was out of wood, i had coal but i wanted to save it. I managed to keep the fire going by finding sticks and put them on the fire. I was able to make another fire in cover behind a tree with a torch and at some point i had a fire of +1 hour going, so i made some tea to get warmth in my body and started sawing a firlog. That gave me 4 hour to the fire and gave me a good sleep. 

Also during all of this i had to keep track of the time of the day to eat mushroom tea to cure my internal parasites.

Now i had healed up to about 40% hp. Time to make the final push. I came to the broken radio tower and i thought i heard a bear. i walked back. No way there is a bear here i thought and i walked forward again, again i heard a bear. What the. I thought there is no bear here and i walked forward and a wolf detected me. I shot it with my pistol but it got into melee mode. I pulled out my hatched started beating it as much as i could, the kill bar went up a little but then it got stagnate. I didnt have energy in me. But then just as it got grim the wolf left me. I was now down to 12% hp i think. I proceeded onwards. I was freezing again. It was still dark but i could see all the way to the forge. I took a stim, it gave me energy and hp but now i found it very hard to see. Damm it, i cant sneak around the wolf now.  Obviously the wolf detected me as i was careless about it, i thought this is it i have to shoot it. But i cant see it only its green eyes. I waited till it got closer. It strafed me all the way, it would not run directly at me. I couldnt let it get any closer anymore so I took the shot and it died. Phew that was close. I beelined the rest of the way to the forge and made it for a good sleep and heal. The next morning i got up and found the heavy hammer outside of the hut hehee.

• Upvote 2