I love you and hate you Hinterland :)

JoelDR67

Thank you Hinterland and The Long Dark for countless hours of fun, entertainment, frustration, throwing the keyboard and mouse, crying and screaming.  :) I love to hate this game.  I purchased the full version of The Long Dark In November of 2017 and finished the first two episodes the early in 2018 it was a bit clunky at first but still an excellent game. After the update the following year I played a fresh set of the two story's they were spot on. After finishing both episodes I played survival for a while and shelved it until Episode 3.  When episode three came out I was a bit surprised that Astrid had taken over the script, but it was a refreshing change.  Once done I shelved it once more. When I heard episode 4 was coming I looked forward to starting from scratch again. I got through episode one and skipped 2 and 3.  Where do I start.  Wow with the Timber Wolves,  Forest Talkers,  The Bear.  Thank you for taking it to the next level.  There were times where I wished there was an option to put a sniper round in Matthis and his goons however.  Felt, very real.  Like,  I had an obligation to the prison guard to keep him alive.  Was very disappointing  to have him get killed anyway.   oh sorry, Spoiler alert. Regardless,  I am looking forward to how episode 5 comes together.  I am going to attempt to play it all the way through from 1 - 4 just before I play 5.  Thank you again for not forgetting your players when you make your game decisions.  I don't remember if someone had sent me a demo in 2014 or 2015?  maybe 2016.  Was a tumultuous time for us.  You will find me where the wolves roam. :)   

• Upvote 1