I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

12 minutes ago, Catlover said:

That's weird. With my wolf encounter, I saw it and shot at it with the rifle but due to low wolf fear or something, it just kept coming! 

Yes the passive being on doesn't seem to override the no fear setting like it says it should.

13 hours ago, twyn1 said:

Update on new Coastal Highway run -- Started way over to the West on Bear Creek.

About as many deer on the ice as my earlier save, and also in the expected areas in the woods. Have not checked out the Bear Creek area yet.  There was also a carcass at the Log Sort, but much degraded (meat at 1%)

Wolves are very abundant -- at least 8 on the ice, with the 3 closest to the town area wandering inland from time to time. Several more wandering the East-West pathways

Have seen the Misanthrope Bear and the Trailer Bear. No Moose yet. Rabbits in droves!

Also, most of the expected "corpses" are in place, at least in the outside areas. Have not seen any in the small houses or trailers, but a lot of the places that sometimes have them are burned down in this version.

Wolf challenged me at a 2nd deer take-down,  growling and not backing off (no rifle or revolver yet) even when I took several steps closer. I lit and threw a flare to get him to run off, since I am not yet prepared enough to deal with an attack.

Sounds like they're keeping you busy!  Wish I had that many wolves, it'd make this experiment a lot easier. 

Glad you scared him off though! Hope you find a weapon soon!

Decided to leave Mountain Town and headed back to PV via Mystery. 

Funny but the wolves seem to be running away earlier than what they usually do on this run.  I did manage to herd a wolf towards a rabbit though .  I tried to intervene from the side again only a bit nearer to it's front! I thought it was going to attack me but after a short growl it turned and ran off!  I wasn't carrying any weapon either. But I honestly don't think that anything makes a difference except the flares ! 

However I did manage to kill the moose with four shots. But if I'm honest two of those were random pot shots while it was quite a distance away! Must try  not to waste so much ammo!  I was actually surprised it was there because it was less than 25 days since I'd last killed it! Even though the setting is on quickest respawn . 

Now I'm in PV at the fishing hut wasting time and ammo trying to kill that moose!   I will have my mooseburger! 😁 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Decided to leave Mountain Town and headed back to PV via Mystery. 

Funny but the wolves seem to be running away earlier than what they usually do on this run.  I did manage to herd a wolf towards a rabbit though .  I tried to intervene from the side again only a bit nearer to it's front! I thought it was going to attack me but after a short growl it turned and ran off!  I wasn't carrying any weapon either. But I honestly don't think that anything makes a difference except the flares ! 

However I did manage to kill the moose with four shots. But if I'm honest two of those were random pot shots while it was quite a distance away! Must try  not to waste so much ammo!  I was actually surprised it was there because it was less than 25 days since I'd last killed it! Even though the setting is on quickest respawn . 

Now I'm in PV at the fishing hut wasting time and ammo trying to kill that moose!   I will have my mooseburger! 😁 

Haha if you have the head, perhaps Matt could boil it for you

Enjoy your mooseburgers! Perhaps with a refreshing drink of moosebile to complete the meal? 

Good luck with PV maulings! 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Catlover said:

Enjoy your mooseburgers! Perhaps with a refreshing drink of moosebile to complete the meal? 

Good luck with PV maulings! 

Got to kill the stupid thing first ! It keeps running away!☺  

Got to make some arrows ,then I might think about heading to blackrock. Bit risky though with no bear roll or wolf coat!

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Sounds like they're keeping you busy!  Wish I had that many wolves, it'd make this experiment a lot easier. 

Glad you scared him off though! Hope you find a weapon soon!

The wolves really were crazy in Coastal Highway - decided to go to Desolation Point & there were 5 visible on the ice as I made my way across!

I did find a 50% rifle up at the end of Bear Creek, lying by the poor demised soul below the Railway Bridge. Finally!

Deer count up by Bear Creek and the 2 little cabins -- 2 or 3 in the actual campground area (they were jumping about a bit) & 2 more by the big fallen tree. Did not see the Bear that's usually there tho'. No deer in the area by the Unloading Area or the trailer just below.

2 deer carcasses in Crumbling Highway, one 50% one 25%, did not see any live deer, but weather was not very nice - heading into DP now ...

Congrats on getting the Moose!! :coffee:

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Catlover said:

My stove is always lit 💪

34 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

The wolves really were crazy in Coastal Highway - decided to go to Desolation Point & there were 5 visible on the ice as I made my way across!

Wow, that's an infestation 😱 They clearly have no TV to watch these wolves 🙄

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

I did find a 50% rifle up at the end of Bear Creek, lying by the poor demised soul below the Railway Bridge. Finally!

Deer count up by Bear Creek and the 2 little cabins -- 2 or 3 in the actual campground area (they were jumping about a bit) & 2 more by the big fallen tree. Did not see the Bear that's usually there tho'. No deer in the area by the Unloading Area or the trailer just below.

2 deer carcasses in Crumbling Highway, one 50% one 25%, did not see any live deer, but weather was not very nice - heading into DP now ...

Congrats on getting the Moose!! :coffee:

Never seen that many wolves in any area especially Coastal!  Never had deer near Bear creek either!? Odd!  Glad you got your rifle though!  

I'd be interested to hear if you get the moose in desolation! I've never had him there! Ever!  It's usually the map I always start in actually. 

Within twenty minutes I get all the weapons and plenty of ammo,except arrows,just get one of those.  So hope you find plenty!. 

And thanks! Gonna get the other one in the morning!  

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

They do ,they just have very limited power to watch it!🙂

During the aurora? 

Perhaps they're so mad during an aurora because their tv kept cutting out and being all staticy (like my laptop 😭) so they went to take their frustration out on poor Will or Astrid. Or Moose Rib Mike, lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Catlover said:

During the aurora? 

Perhaps they're so mad during an aurora because their tv kept cutting out and being all staticy (like my laptop 😭) so they went to take their frustration out on poor Will or Astrid. Or Moose Rib Mike, lol

Yeah kinda forgot to mention the aurora lol! But it's what I meant anyway! Forget my own name one of these days🤔😁 

Lol! 

Not sure your laptop should be getting static!? 🤔

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Yeah kinda forgot to mention the aurora lol! But it's what I meant anyway! Forget my own name one of these days🤔😁 

Lol! 

Not sure your laptop should be getting static!? 🤔

Haha it shouldn't. That's why I've started playing on a monitor instead, it was driving me mad lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! I do agree though, it looks beautiful on a small screen but ... Totally comes alive on big. Aurora nights in particular are mesmerising 😻

Agreed, the Aurora that I had seen not too long ago was stunning. Shame I had to retreat back into my shelter to sleep to avoid getting mauled by angry green wolves, lol! 

Of course though with the good parts of more immersion, like the beautiful graphics, jumpscares are now ten times worse. Worth it though! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Haha! I do agree though, it looks beautiful on a small screen but ... Totally comes alive on big. Aurora nights in particular are mesmerising 😻

Very true.  This game really does have some outstanding views!

Love to have a telescope in the game somewhere though!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Agreed, the Aurora that I had seen not too long ago was stunning. Shame I had to retreat back into my shelter to sleep to avoid getting mauled by angry green wolves, lol! 

Of course though with the good parts of more immersion, like the beautiful graphics, jumpscares are now ten times worse. Worth it though! 

Green wolves? Mine are all white.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Catlover said:

That is definitely the downside, scares you half to death. Those green wolves are horrifying. Glad you're enjoying the atmosphere even more though 😻

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Very true.  This game really does have some outstanding views!

Love to have a telescope in the game somewhere though!

That would be great, even to observe the night sky to while away the wee hours.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

That is definitely the downside, scares you half to death. Those green wolves are horrifying. Glad you're enjoying the atmosphere even more though 😻

That would be great, even to observe the night sky to while away the wee hours.

New feat badge, ..skywatcher!  Reward alien invasion😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1