I finally got mauled !

Leeanda

29 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Yeah it was lovely. Its not settling but still snowing quite heavily so it might do. How's the snow in Yorkshire? Still snowing I hope

Going to go warm up with a bit of iced tea now! 

Haha thanks, I was starting to wonder if I would be, it's not warm lol. 

And good luck! 

Stop/start by nature this snow. Turning slushy now. It's cold though, expecting more soon. Hope it starts when I load the game up later for added atmosphere 😻

Enjoy your iced tea! Slurp 😋

20 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

This might help:

Pilgrim:  Wolf spawn chance is set to low and time to respawn is set to medium and their spawn distance is medium.  There is no reduction in animal population over time.  There smell range is low and detection range is medium.  Your smelliness increase is also medium.

Thanks for all the info', that's very useful. Will come in handy for future runs, for sure 👍👊

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

This might help:

Pilgrim:  Wolf spawn chance is set to low and time to respawn is set to medium and their spawn distance is medium.  There is no reduction in animal population over time.  There smell range is low and detection range is medium.  Your smelliness increase is also medium.

Stalker: Wolf spawn chance is very high and their spawn distance is close.  The time time to respawn is still medium, but the population reduction over time is medium (so the longer you go in a stalker file, the fewer wolves you should encounter).  Their smell range and detection range and your smelliness increase are all the same as in pilgrim.

Interloper: Wolf spawn chance is only high (not very high), but the spawn distance is still close and time to respawn is still medium.  Population reduction over time is high (which is higher than stalker), so the population reduction is more severe as well as not being as high as stalker to start with.  However, the smell range is high (so they can smell you from farther away than in stalker).  However, your smelliness and their detection range are still both at medium (same as in pilgrim).

As you can see, there is plenty of room to make a custom run with wolves that are much more numerous throughout the duration of the run and much more able to detect you than in stalker or even in interloper.

Set wolf spawn chance to Very High, Time to respawn to Low, Reduce Population over time to None, Spawn Distance to Close, Smell Range to Very High, Scent Increase to High, and Detection Range to Far.

ETA:   I should add that, on Xbox at least, there appears to be an overall "animal cap" such that if you set all the animal spawns to very high, you wind up with fewer animals of each type than if you just push one setting to very high.

I set respawn to high, spawn high and distance close. Moose is left on low and no bears!  Smell I'm not sure of and detection is  close too. And the fear is off! 

The only other thing I changed aside from the animals was the aurora which is on high! Thought it might make some difference to their reactions!?   

Thank you for the info! Very useful! 

On a side note , I actually found a few items on the back seat and floor of  three cars in Milton. I also found the key to the farm in the truck and a corpse in the barn.  Can't remember if I spawned indoors or not though! 

Edited by Leeanda

Well I got lucky this afternoon,or unlucky depending on your point of view!  Got mauled twice!  😁 

The lone wolf at the farm returned after a day trip somewhere. I tried using the flare gun ,meaning to try from the side but got attacked before I could move round far enough!  No clothes damage and no need for medicine ! Just a herbal tea and a good night's sleep! 

The second lone wolf was near the crash site , lots of bunnies for me to herd in his direction!  I tried the rifle from the side. But I had to wait and keep edging forward very slowly. Just when I thought he was going to run off ,he pounced!  No medicine needed and no clothes damage again either!  

Both wolves were bleeding so I'm presuming they will die soon and I will have to try over the bridge past grey mother's house. I think I might have actually seen a deer there earlier! So fingers crossed for blue skies tomorrow!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Well I got lucky this afternoon,or unlucky depending on your point of view!  Got mauled twice!  😁 

The lone wolf at the farm returned after a day trip somewhere. I tried using the flare gun ,meaning to try from the side but got attacked before I could move round far enough!  No clothes damage and no need for medicine ! Just a herbal tea and a good night's sleep! 

The second lone wolf was near the crash site , lots of bunnies for me to herd in his direction!  I tried the rifle from the side. But I had to wait and keep edging forward very slowly. Just when I thought he was going to run off ,he pounced!  No medicine needed and no clothes damage again either!  

Both wolves were bleeding so I'm presuming they will die soon and I will have to try over the bridge past grey mother's house. I think I might have actually seen a deer there earlier! So fingers crossed for blue skies tomorrow!

You're actually becoming more vicious than the wolves ... I like it 💪😄 Wolf meat sandwiches for lunch tmw then 😋

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

They started it! Anyway it's self defence, kind of! 😁  Your honour!!!

Not that old chestnut 🙄😄 By the way, you were right ... You can't double up on bunny hats 😫 Oh well.

53 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Haha fair enough. Sharing is caring and I suppose they didn't care, lol! 

😂 If they won't share, she'll eat them all. Savage over-sharing, methinks 😜😄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matt Lomax said:

Not that old chestnut 🙄😄 By the way, you were right ... You can't double up on bunny hats 😫 Oh well.

😂 If they won't share, she'll eat them all. Savage over-sharing, methinks 😜😄

Didn't think you could wear both!  Probably cast as cheating !😜

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Depends how big you want your head to look when you're traipsing around the place!😁 But probably yes! 🙂

Haha fair enough. I guess tld has enough quirks that I shouldn't be focusing on the lack of rabbit hats you can fit on. Perhaps they're so big you simply can't put more than one on, who knows

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Didn't think you could wear both!  Probably cast as cheating !😜

Hm, maybe so. Odd though, was looking forward to having a gigantic head 😫

6 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Makes sense though why can you wear two wolfcoats, etc? Isn't that more cheaty than two rabbit hats 🤔

That's what I thought. 2 wolf coats, 2 deerpants ... Oh well.

• Like 2

Update on new Coastal Highway run -- Started way over to the West on Bear Creek.

About as many deer on the ice as my earlier save, and also in the expected areas in the woods. Have not checked out the Bear Creek area yet.  There was also a carcass at the Log Sort, but much degraded (meat at 1%)

Wolves are very abundant -- at least 8 on the ice, with the 3 closest to the town area wandering inland from time to time. Several more wandering the East-West pathways

Have seen the Misanthrope Bear and the Trailer Bear. No Moose yet. Rabbits in droves!

Also, most of the expected "corpses" are in place, at least in the outside areas. Have not seen any in the small houses or trailers, but a lot of the places that sometimes have them are burned down in this version.

Wolf challenged me at a 2nd deer take-down,  growling and not backing off (no rifle or revolver yet) even when I took several steps closer. I lit and threw a flare to get him to run off, since I am not yet prepared enough to deal with an attack.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Matt Lomax said:

Hm, maybe so. Odd though, was looking forward to having a gigantic head 😫

That's what I thought. 2 wolf coats, 2 deerpants ... Oh well.

Well  whatever works for you! !🙂  Should be able to wear two gloves though. Like driving gloves under ski gloves!  

Well going  past the bridge to the woodlot proofed a waste of time! The wolves scarpered and there were no deer either!  So I thought I'd check the garage area, complete opposite! No wolves ,lots of deer! 

Finally found  the lone wolf at the farm again! That's a very quick  respawn!   He killed a rabbit near the truck but I managed to get to the side of it ,holding  the bow.  He did pause for a few seconds and then pounced! Not sure what happened but it was very short! I was holding the defence button in before he attacked (,not sure why) . But the attack lasted about 2 seconds before it ran off bleeding!  I took no damage ,not even the life bar was touched. Odd! I took about 20% damage to my scarf, expo coat. Boots,snow pants  and gloves . 

Yay! I got mauled again!😁

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well going  past the bridge to the woodlot proofed a waste of time! The wolves scarpered and there were no deer either!  So I thought I'd check the garage area, complete opposite! No wolves ,lots of deer! 

Finally found  the lone wolf at the farm again! That's a very quick  respawn!   He killed a rabbit near the truck but I managed to get to the side of it ,holding  the bow.  He did pause for a few seconds and then pounced! Not sure what happened but it was very short! I was holding the defence button in before he attacked (,not sure why) . But the attack lasted about 2 seconds before it ran off bleeding!  I took no damage ,not even the life bar was touched. Odd! I took about 20% damage to my scarf, expo coat. Boots,snow pants  and gloves . 

Yay! I got mauled again!😁

Wait, that's exactly what happened to me last night on my stalkerloper run! A wolf down by ML tried to maul me but it was incredibly brief and the only condition I lost was on the clothes! I thought it was due to the hammer being a great wolf defence tool but perhaps it's an issue or something. Or we just got lucky, lol

Also congrats on your mauling! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Wait, that's exactly what happened to me last night on my stalkerloper run! A wolf down by ML tried to maul me but it was incredibly brief and the only condition I lost was on the clothes! I thought it was due to the hammer being a great wolf defence tool but perhaps it's an issue or something. Or we just got lucky, lol

Also congrats on your mauling! 

Didnt get enough time to even pick a weapon, let alone see it! 

Not really sure what happened there if I'm honest!🙂

50 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Didnt get enough time to even pick a weapon, let alone see it! 

Not really sure what happened there if I'm honest!🙂

That's weird. With my wolf encounter, I saw it and shot at it with the rifle but due to low wolf fear or something, it just kept coming!