Please make "Put Away" a toggle - remember the last used item

Shadrach

I've been playing Ep.4 lately, really enjoying it after a long break from TLD.

But one thing that's always been annoying me is that the "Put Away" hotkey is still not a toggle, i.e. I cannot for instance quickly put up the rifle after putting it away. Or put up the latest light-source I used. I have to toggle though all the weapons/light sources. Or use the dial, but especially when stressed (Timberwolves!) I tend to miss the item I want when trying to do it quickly.

It would be a great time-saver and Quality-of-Life improvement in TLD be be able to just pull out the last held item, and surely it would be relatively easy code-wise as well.

Cheers and thanks for an awesome game as always.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am pretty neutral to this idea but in the same area I would really like to see more key binds available. I don't understand why, at least on the PC version, we have to be crippled with controls that do more than one action. Why can we not bind the various actions to whatever key we see fit? Why do we not at least have a hotbar we can customise? I miss the old days of Quake and Everquest where you can customise your controls as you like.

• 2 months later...