Metal Stuff

RJIII

Just a feeling here but if a Can Opener degrades and becomes useless as a Can Opener do I not still have Scrap Metal left over. Seems like a complete loss. Can't even harvest the Can Opener as Scrap at this point, seems to me I would have some harvest-able parts even though I can't open my can of beans. I dunno what do you think?

Guest Alan Lawrance

At one point we discussed automatically harvesting items once they reach zero condition, but at the time we felt it was a bit too automated (and it would be problematic now with the non-instant harvest times).

A middle ground may be to leave 0% condition items alone, and require the player to harvest or discard them. Players might end up unintentionally lugging around a lot of useless items as a result, but maybe it's a better choice.

Im guessing when we get into the Story mode, that our gameplay is going to be a lot longer. Its this thought that I think anything we have as 0% or burned out flare harvestable for something, and be able to then put it in a container for later use, so we don't have to carry around. If I was in a survival situation, I would be caching things as the days go on, so I have some of everything at all the places I would travel too, and find solace.

Archived