Are you think different?

1 hour ago, Wonderland wanderer said:

Many of us was feels a disaster is coming. And so, it happens. It's very sad and terrible. I think, all what we can make to stop it - don't listen a propaganda and stay home. We'll not to go anywhere. If someone try to command me to "stand up and fight", i'll better shot myself instead of obeying them. 

Yeah, it was weird in that dream, like I could physically do nothing but obey. 

You are certainly right about how when we feel like there is a disaster, it happens. Sometimes, they are unavoidable but in my case, they are generally caused by how I often expect one.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Just watched it, seems very eerie!

So, because of it, i feel lonely in this reality. I really wish to see, to hear, to read something like that, but I found something like that only in The Long Dark, when auroras animating a dying world. 

Edited by Wonderland wanderer

• 1 month later...

2022.04.06. Another strange dream

Electrical Death

I leave the Raduga mall and go to the underground parking. In the parking lot I see a barker:
- Dear visitors! We offer to try a new attraction - "Electrical Death"!
In a few minutes you can go through death, rebirth and visit other worlds for
outside of ours. Yes, for a short moment of time, you will literally die. special device
sends through your brain a series of electrical impulses that completely block
certain functions of the brain and central nervous system, disconnecting consciousness from the body. 
Your brain is aware of the death of the body.
In five seconds, another series of electrical impulses will restart your brain, body, and You.
You will return to this world truly reborn again! But in those five seconds that you
will be dead, you will get a lot of new emotions and impressions! You have never experienced this!
And only today we offer to visit our attraction, "Electrical Death", absolutely
for free! Come on! Try it! And You will want to visit our attraction again!...

I walk through the large parking hall to the attraction door. I've been here before, this is the parking lot,
a "Rainbow" mall, the door leads to the office, where I have never been. At the door of me
the employee of the attraction greets, opens the door and we go into a small room,
illuminated by the yellowish light of two square ceiling lamps. The room looks like
office, the walls from the floor are decorated with a light brown wood-like laminate, above painted in
milky yellow, the ceiling is also painted milky yellow. The employee approaches
desk, located against the wall to the right of the front door, takes the key from small
cells with Plexiglas doors, placed on the wall to the right of the table, opens the cell,
takes a black silicone wristband with a number and a small LCD display, gives the bracelet to me.
I wear a bracelet. The bracelet emitted a short beep, the LCD display appeared the inscription:
"READY".

Then, on the wall opposite the table, a metal door opened, sliding through a crack in the floor.
Behind the door is a parking space, but separated from the main part of it, accessible from the outside.
The asphalt pavement of the parking lot, after about a hundred meters, goes down a steep descent,
at an angle gradually reaching about 50-55 degrees. There are four niches in the wall on the right,
the size of a door, fenced with automatic barriers. one of the barriers goes up,
a chair comes out of a niche and drives up to me. The employee offers to sit in a chair that looks like
on the office chair, but on its back, near the head there is a shiny metal circle,
divided by a square grid with the size of each square-electrode about three millimeters.

- Please sit down, lean back in your chair and grasp the handrails with your hands,
located at the ends of the chair handles. Using a wristband and an electromagnetic field
generator located on the back of the chair, a device will diagnose your body,
this will take about a minute. Just relax. After diagnostics, the generator will send
a series of electrical impulses through your brain. For about two minutes, you will feel a growing
tingling in the back of the head, a temple area, and You can hear a hum in your head. Don't be scared, it's not dangerous. You will not notice how you disconnect from the body. Upon your return, you will be examined by a doctor and presented with a certificate about going through clinical death and visiting other worlds.

I sat down in a chair, took hold of the handrails. A minute later, the LED indicator on the bracelet lit up 
green and the chair slowly moved forward, towards the descent. The descent lasted twenty meters and again
I moved to a flat road 12-15 meters wide. Along the edges of the road, on the walls a survilliance cameras installed, 
on the ceiling - warm-white fluorescent lamps, hanging brackets, through which wires and two corrugated ventilation pipes are stretched. Fifty meters from the descent, the road splits into four tunnels.
My chair drove into tunnel number 3, chairs with other visitors went into tunnels 1 and 4 behind me. 
Having driven into the tunnel, I began to feel a tingling in the back of my head, temples, but a hum I've didn't hear. A chair slowly drove through the tunnel, about 120 meters long. At the end of the tunnel was the same parking lot of the Raduga mall, but there was only one exit from the tunnel - from which my chair was came out.
 There were no other three tunnels, only the wall of the underground parking area.

Two men in white biocontainment suits approached me. One of them, after examining the device on the back
parts of the back of the chair, said:
- Device is out of order. We need to make sure that your health has not been harmed.
Please follow us to the Diagnostic and Emergency Room.

I understand that something is wrong here. There are no cars or visitors in the shopping center parking lot. There is no one at all except for these two, in suits...
I get up from my chair and, pushing one of the "medics" away, I run back into the tunnel. A chair followed me.
An entrance to the tunnel was closed with a roar by a metal door, which quickly left the gap in the floor at the exit
from the tunnel. From a holes in walls next to the door, some dense white gas began to come out,
slowly clouding the tunnel behind me. A chair finally broke down, stopping meters
twenty from the door and hidden in a white fog. My bracelet beeped again, LED indicator
lights up red, "ERROR #4" appears on the LCD display of the bracelet. I tried to take off a bracelet, but i can't rid it off. 
Metallic sounds were heard, similar to the rumble of the wheels of a subway train, to cascades of blows
trains when coupled, echoing throughout the tunnel. I've run out of the tunnel and when I try to go a steep
ascent, I realized that it would not work to climb up the same way. Behind my back was a metallic roar. A 
twenty meters behind me, a canvas awning fell vertically from the ceiling, covering all of four tunnels. 
A heavy clatter of boots of running people was heard. On the awning appeared pale green moving dots of lasers.
A second later, I heard:
- Don't move! Five!... Four!...
Realizing what will going to happen next, I looked around and saw bundles of wires leading to the cameras on the walls.
So, i've steep climb. Grabbing the wires, me ran up the climb.
- Three!... Two!... One!... FIRE!
There were sounds of bursts of shots and bullets crumbling the asphalt. A rocket flew by to my left,
From above-in front there was an explosion, a rattle.

Climbing back into a separate parking room, I saw how the metal door in front was trying to
leave the gap, but one of the rails of the door was torn out of from a wall and bent by explosion, which does not give the door close even half way. Rising up, the door wedges and falls down. Behind my back, i've heard
another explosion. I turned around and saw how the steep descent was littered with fragments of concrete, metal, pieces of pipes and wires. I've reached a jammed door, ran into the office. Employee screamed
"You shouldn't be here!" and tried to spray some kind of gas to my face. I've took a spray from her and sprayed on her face. 
An employee fell asleep instantly. I barely inhale a little spray, wihtch makes me feel slightly dizzy. I went to the table, took scissors from the organizer, cut silicone strap of a bracelet and put the bracelet in the open cell. When I closed the cell, a red indicator and LCD display on the bracelet went out. 
I walked out the door of the "Electrical Death" attraction office.
Outside, there was already a normal, familiar parking lot for the Raduga shopping mall, cars were standing around and passing by, people passed. I stepped out of the parking lot into the street. The sun had already set, late twilight covered the city blue-black shadows. I walked a couple of blocks to the bridge over the Neva River and saw that half a kilometer across the river is the Sydney Opera House, the design of which partially repeats the design of the "Gorki" shopping mall. I suddenly remembered that I had been living in the USA for a long time and it was strange to be surprised when I saw the building of the Sydney Opera House. The bridge was just below the level of the river, water covered the bridge for about twenty centimeters. A light, cool breeze raised small waves.
 Halfway through the bridge, I noticed that on the bridge there were no cars or pedestrians. Only the waves of the river were heard, hitting a shrouds and sides of the bridge. After crossing the bridge, I found myself in a large wasteland, illuminated by the yellow-green light of a large full moon.
A wasteland was strewn with dry fallen leaves, I've see a rare black silhouettes of bald bushes and trees around. 
I've turn around. There was no more bridge, no more river. Yellow lights were visible on the horizon line. Buildings and lanterns of the city. 
Suddenly I hear the rustle of leaves behind me. I turn back. I see a SOMETHING going to me. a SOMETHING like a black teardrop cat with large round luminous white eyes. Approaching, SOMETHING became more and more, at some point I saw only two white circles.
Everything is bright white...

I ended up in the underground parking of the Raduga shopping center again. Again I hear the barker and see the door leading to attraction "Electrical Death". I realize that I'm inside a reality created by an attraction.
And I don't know how to get out of it...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I remember when I was young(a very long time ago🙂)  that I had a recurring dream.

Me and my family were on holiday and we were driving along a very long windy road . I turned to look out the back window and saw a tornado quite a way back ,just spinning on the spot . I kept turning round to look and every time I did there was another tornado on the road.   All just spinning where they were. Then the sky got darker and they started following us up the hill..

I can't remember the rest though,think I probably woke up at that point!🙂 

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

I’m VERY late to this thread… but now it is more and more often that something happens, or I do something under the exact same circumstances as in dreams I had months ago and almost forgotten about.

Minor things like overhearing my parents talking, or sitting down at a desk with a particular arrangement of books… but it’s always uncanny, eerie, and rather disturbing.

And every so often, I hear someone faintly calling my name…

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 4:44 PM, JaySovereign said:

I have so many The Long Dark dreams that it's genuinely starting to freak me out. It's like I want to actually live in the game world so bad. To live a life that has actual purpose.

The only purpose in TLD is to not die.  Outside of that, perhaps piecing together the ghosts of Great Bear’s past.  So that they are not forgotten.  
It sounds like you’re already surviving, just not enjoying it.  Looting a dead world with the clock always ticking against you isn’t as romantic in real life…. 

Perhaps your view of McKenzie’s purpose is greater than that? In story mode maybe…

• Upvote 1