Are you think different?

lol, sometimes I dream that someone is trying to do me harm.  They are menacing me and coming at me slowly and acting super aggressive.
I pull my pistol outta my pocket and tell them to step back and if they come any closer I will open fire.
they advance towards me and are getting closer and closer.

I pull the trigger!  BOOM!  and the bullet just slowly falls out the front of the barrel...

• Upvote 1

On 1/20/2022 at 10:14 PM, DiscoJonny said:

lol, sometimes I dream that someone is trying to do me harm.  They are menacing me and coming at me slowly and acting super aggressive.
I pull my pistol outta my pocket and tell them to step back and if they come any closer I will open fire.
they advance towards me and are getting closer and closer.

I pull the trigger!  BOOM!  and the bullet just slowly falls out the front of the barrel...

That sounds pretty terrifying!

Though, honestly, I can't help but think this topic seems kind of out of place in a thread for TLD discussions. Especially when there's a thread for this kind of thing in the survivor lodge. Although it is simply my opinion, I'm not sure what strange dreams have in common with the game

Edited by Catlover

On 1/20/2022 at 2:36 PM, Leeanda said:

I meant no offence. I just meant that Freud would interpret that in his usual way.

ha ha ha, I'm just messing with you! 

and yes, good ole Mr. Freud would have some interesting interpetation, wouldn't he?  what would he say about your feelings of guilt? lol

22 hours ago, Catlover said:

That sounds pretty terrifying!

yeah, it's usually zombified vampires or something and they just keep getting closer and closer and closer!
I gotta layoff the microwave pizza, chocolate chip cookies and cheap vodka jello shots before bed...

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, DiscoJonny said:

ha ha ha, I'm just messing with you! 

and yes, good ole Mr. Freud would have some interesting interpetation, wouldn't he?  what would he say about your feelings of guilt? lol

Glad to hear it.  !  Doesn't everything come down to the same thing with him?🙂

1 hour ago, DiscoJonny said:

I gotta layoff the microwave pizza, chocolate chip cookies and cheap vodka jello shots before bed...

Yeahh maybe a good idealol. They really should make a warning for that. 

Warning, do not eat before bed, side effects include dreams about being attacked by zombified vampires

Ok, there's one of my weird dreams. 2007.11.24. A seven years before a The Long Dark first release. Sorry for language, I've used a google translate :)

Late fall. The sky is overcast with a dark gray mist. Fresh air, fresh wind. Around the gray forest in the fog. Gray trees, withered, as if covered with ash, leaves that have already fallen and cover the gray, dry earth. A quiet rumble of wind is heard, interfering with the leaves with dust (or ashes?). The atmosphere here is strange. And around - no one ...
But I like it here. Perhaps because I am alone here and no one / nothing interferes with my thoughts.
"Is it me?" - a strange thought... Yes, who am I?...
Then the thought broke off: What is this ... this ... an indescribable feeling ... Extraneous thoughts ... Someone else is here!
I turn around and see a brown bear. I don't think he noticed me. I start to back away from the bear, trying to hide behind rare, dead trees... A branch crackled. Extraneous thoughts took on an eerie character for me, in a daze I continue to back away from the bear, which, having paid attention to the crunch of a branch broken under my boot, lazily but unambiguously walked in my direction. Stumbling over branches, I began to retreat faster...
Extraneous thoughts fell upon me with incredible horror! A moment later, I turned around and noticed two more bears, who a moment ago noticed me and moved towards me in the same way.
Now the bears were advancing on me from two sides ...
I went to the right, away from the bears, the bears picked up the pace. I ran...
Dry branches broke underfoot, leaves rustling softly and turned to dust/ash...
The forest was slowly replaced by a swamp .. The next step - I caught on to something, fell.
I looked around - there were no bears anymore, and ... the atmosphere became even more strange, now - filled with some kind of darkness, causeless fear ...
Looking around, I realized that I was lying in the center of some kind of crater or funnel in a swampy area.
What?!... What are electrical outlets doing here?!.. Some wires are connected to some of them. I flipped the red switch to the ON position. All over the area of the funnel, souls began to rise in various forms of the ethereal state: Ghosts, shadows, foggy clots .... They all swam in my direction, something touched me - it became cold, everything turned into darkness, I lost consciousness.

I'm at home, washing my hands. Suddenly I notice that the soap gets stuck in my hands. Weird...
At that moment, I saw the forest again, the funnel where I had been a moment ago...
I see myself there, in the center of the funnel.
I look at my hands. Oh God!! My hands are blue-gray, skin peeling off along with what was once meat. And then I understand: I'm still there, in the funnel...

Edited by Wonderland wanderer
  • Upvote 3

I don't really have true nightmares anymore but the worst recurring dream I have is some variation of me endlessly performing some task that just never gets any closer to being done. Either new stuff is being added faster than I can handle it, or the things I'm doing are repeatedly failing no matter how close attention I pay to it. And lately that exact scenario has actually happened. I designed an e-learning module and sent it out for feedback, and got a list of changes. I made those changes, sent  it out for feedback, got another list of changes, some of which were to directly revert previous changes. Sent it back for feedback, another list of changes. This has gone back and forth 8 times now, it is 2 weeks past due, and when I logged out of work today the last thing I saw was an email coming in with another list of changes. Not even important changes either, just "oh I think this image should be a little farther to the left." We're two weeks overdue, nobody cares what you think about the image spacing. Just sign off already!! Ugh.

So it's kind feels like like I'm living a crappy dream.

So silent there. We get the cold. We got the deadly COVID-19. We got hungry governments. We got some tea and... meat. We aren't going anywhere...
So, to be honest a bit of storytelling would be a nice distraction right about now.

Yet other of my strange dreams

Watching news. A speaker reports:
On the outskirts of Chelyabinsk city, a sheer cliff several kilometers deep was formed, on the other hand, smoothly rising to the level
surrounding area about 10 km. The cliff appeared last night completely silently. At the scene from many countries scientists, ufologists, stalkers, diggers, enthusiasts of extreme sports has arrived. Attempts by the Ministry of Emergency Situations and the military to cordon off the territory where an event occurred, were unsuccessful. Whenever someone tried to block access to the scene, show aggression, they literally became a ghost - people and objects passed through them without hindrance, until the moment of cessation of attempts to contain it.
Drones were sent to the bottom of the cliff, where people were found in tattered clothes, but completely unharmed. Scientists and ufologists suggest the technogenic origin of the cliff, as a result of the curvature of space-time.

After some time, many videos appear on youtube, which have gained tens of millions of views. people on video is jumping from a plane without a parachute, shoot themselves in the head, stands in flames and remain unharmed. Head of the All-Russian research public association "Kosmopoisk" Vadim Chernobrov suggests that "during the fall in the resulting cliff, a living organism changes at the level of elementary particles, making it practically invulnerable. After a fall, any damaging factors literally pass through the body without affecting it."

It was also found that people who jump into a cliff do not need air, food, water and stop aging. Tens of thousands of people jumped into the cliff. I did too. The way home from the cliff took three days on foot, but there was no fatigue, no thirst, no hunger at all.

When I get home, I read the news. "Thanks to the latest technology developed by Russian scientists, Russia has colonized
moon. The video below the article shows the moon, on which the relief of the Russian tricolor has been drawn with super-bright spotlights.
"Well, that's it. The moon is gone... They will ruin it soon", I thought.

Over the next week, millions of people jumped into the cliff. The military managed to close the Russian borders, which made it possible to contain world pilgrimage to the cliff. Attempts of military aggression by other countries were immediately stopped by the failure of the military equipment and the panicky refusal of soldiers to participate in hostilities.

On the eighth day, suddenly jumping off a cliff stopped making people invulnerable. People who jumped into a precipice were crushed to death.
Nevertheless, for about a month from all over the country, those wishing to gain immortality was gathered there. As a result, at the bottom of the cliff formed a mountain of corpses, the population of the country decreased by 70%, while the average IQ per citizen of the Russian Federation increased by 60%. A month later, a cliff and a corpses are gone. At the place of the former cliff there is a plain, trees, roads, houses, power lines... As if nothing had happened.

Nevertheless, tens of millions of people remained immortal, the dead 70% of the country's population disappeared forever along with the cliff. Scientists suggest that a week after the appearance of the cliff, the opposite effect of compensation began - tens of millions of people made immortal by the death of hundreds of millions of people. The origin of the break remains unknown.

Edited by Wonderland wanderer

Yet another strange dream.

In a dream, I watched how civilization was destroyed by the formation of deep karst failures. The Ministry of Emergency Situations, through loudspeakers, urged not to move around the city, so as not to cause further destruction. I look at the dilapidated city from the 9th floor of the hotel where I work. The wall of the hotel was fallen, between the reinforced concrete slabs there are large gaps through which the lower floors can be seen. The guard says "The world will never be the same again. Perhaps this is the end and we ourselves are to blame."

On 1/27/2022 at 11:33 AM, Wonderland wanderer said:

Ok, there's one of my weird dreams. 2007.11.24. A seven years before a The Long Dark first release. Sorry for language, I've used a google translate :)

Late fall. The sky is overcast with a dark gray mist. Fresh air, fresh wind. Around the gray forest in the fog. Gray trees, withered, as if covered with ash, leaves that have already fallen and cover the gray, dry earth. A quiet rumble of wind is heard, interfering with the leaves with dust (or ashes?). The atmosphere here is strange. And around - no one ...
But I like it here. Perhaps because I am alone here and no one / nothing interferes with my thoughts.
"Is it me?" - a strange thought... Yes, who am I?...
Then the thought broke off: What is this ... this ... an indescribable feeling ... Extraneous thoughts ... Someone else is here!
I turn around and see a brown bear. I don't think he noticed me. I start to back away from the bear, trying to hide behind rare, dead trees... A branch crackled. Extraneous thoughts took on an eerie character for me, in a daze I continue to back away from the bear, which, having paid attention to the crunch of a branch broken under my boot, lazily but unambiguously walked in my direction. Stumbling over branches, I began to retreat faster...
Extraneous thoughts fell upon me with incredible horror! A moment later, I turned around and noticed two more bears, who a moment ago noticed me and moved towards me in the same way.
Now the bears were advancing on me from two sides ...
I went to the right, away from the bears, the bears picked up the pace. I ran...
Dry branches broke underfoot, leaves rustling softly and turned to dust/ash...
The forest was slowly replaced by a swamp .. The next step - I caught on to something, fell.
I looked around - there were no bears anymore, and ... the atmosphere became even more strange, now - filled with some kind of darkness, causeless fear ...
Looking around, I realized that I was lying in the center of some kind of crater or funnel in a swampy area.
What?!... What are electrical outlets doing here?!.. Some wires are connected to some of them. I flipped the red switch to the ON position. All over the area of the funnel, souls began to rise in various forms of the ethereal state: Ghosts, shadows, foggy clots .... They all swam in my direction, something touched me - it became cold, everything turned into darkness, I lost consciousness.

I'm at home, washing my hands. Suddenly I notice that the soap gets stuck in my hands. Weird...
At that moment, I saw the forest again, the funnel where I had been a moment ago...
I see myself there, in the center of the funnel.
I look at my hands. Oh God!! My hands are blue-gray, skin peeling off along with what was once meat. And then I understand: I'm still there, in the funnel...

WTF?!?
This sounds like you were the star of a pyschological horror film!  
Maybe you should layoff from eating my microwaved pizza, cookies and cheap vodka jello shots before going to bed!

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2022 at 2:48 AM, DiscoJonny said:

WTF?!?
This sounds like you were the star of a pyschological horror film!  
Maybe you should layoff from eating my microwaved pizza, cookies and cheap vodka jello shots before going to bed!

Are isn't our lives seems to be a psychological horror films? I feel not even survivor, just a wolfbait. In this world, i feel very disoriented, trying to not believe, what the hell is happening. But I sadly understand, what the hell is happening. And so,
"And I'm a goddamn fool, but then again so are you
And the lion's roar, the lion's roar
And I never really knew what to do"
No, I don't pretend to your pizza and vodka.
I have a beer, f%cking depression and... a wolves around. And I really not know what to do. And why to do? It's seems to be I escaping from a reality to my dreams. And it's seems to be no reasons to stay here, in this reality, anymore. Raph did good. He's created an alternative reality, where I can hide, like an old trapper in his cabin from a deamon bear... And from my f#cking bears, whose hunting me

Sorry for emotions overwhelming. I have no one to talk about