Blanket system

gardenleveljr

42 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Does that actually work?

Whoever it was said it did make a slight difference but they got fed up with forgetting to put them back on before going outside .lol🙂 

I keep forgetting to put things on after going through waterfalls so I haven't tried it.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Sometimes I take my boots and socks off so they don't get wet, and I remember when I get hypothermia risk.

Lol! Been there plenty of times. Even on pilgrim it's not fun. I once walked from PV to broken wondering why I was overweight and getting cold until I realised I had nothing on my feet! 🙂

• Upvote 1

You're missing my point, though I did little to clarify it. Question being, why do we need blankets when we go to bed covered in two layers of clothing from top to toe? Surely not from day one but shortly from starting a run and onwards. A blanket mechanic would in essence grant a third clothing layer available when sleeping. So, what purpose would a third layer serve, ease life in harsh weather? Help sleeping off cabin fever outdoors? I generally agree that we need more stuff to craft, especially from hides. But a blanket system could have major implications for difficulty. How much warmer should we be able to be with a blankets, ie how much easier a game are you comfortable with?

16 minutes ago, manolitode said:

You're missing my point, though I did little to clarify it. Question being, why do we need blankets when we go to bed covered in two layers of clothing from top to toe? Surely not from day one but shortly from starting a run and onwards. A blanket mechanic would in essence grant a third clothing layer available when sleeping. So, what purpose would a third layer serve, ease life in harsh weather? Help sleeping off cabin fever outdoors? I generally agree that we need more stuff to craft, especially from hides. But a blanket system could have major implications for difficulty. How much warmer should we be able to be with a blankets, ie how much easier a game are you comfortable with?

Well body temperature does drop quite a bit while you sleep  so it makes some sense that you need extra warmth.  And those beds don't look exactly inviting. Admittedly it may make the game slightly easier but not significantly so. At least indoors anyway. 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

IDK about a whole system or 3rd layer. Would just be an outer layer, wrapped around you like a cape or poncho. Simple stuff. Unbelievably warm, no effort. I do this here at home, outside, with an old wool army blanket. Or I sleep under it with all my winter gear on, when winter camping. KISS

Edited by Kranium

• 3 months later...