Recovering from Starvation...

The_Hawk35

There is something that has been bothering me as it is counter intuitive. In reality I eat before going out for the day, not before going to sleep.

The way the game is set up now you have to eat before you sleep to recover condition. I agree that rest is necessary for recovery in MOST cases. But not for hunger. I routinely go for 12+ hours from dinner to breakfast. But then when I eat I'm recovered I don't also need to rest more.

What I guess I'm asking is for recovery from hunger to not require sleeping.

I dont really understand what you are wishing for. In real life you can eat whenever you want, right? even dont eat for a few day at all is still okay, you wont die,... yet. If you re hungry, you eat, that all. Recover condition is just like recover you health, need to rest.

And i have something that has been bothering me about Recovering from Starvation too. That is when i hibernate for 3 days try to save some foods, my fatigue is only half, that i understand, you dont eat you get weak easily, just like you lost weigh. But i just need to eat 900 calos then sleep 12hours then the next morning i m fully strong like always. That is so weird, you havent eat anything for 3 days and you just eat a little bit then sleep make you fully healthy. Impossible.

So i suggest making a minium in fatigue level when you starving for too long it increasing slowly, and recovering slowly when get to eat and rest, at least 24-36h of sleep to fully recover the fatigue bar. I think that the decreasing and increasing rate should be that same, just like lose weigh and gain weigh.

There is something that has been bothering me as it is counter intuitive. In reality I eat before going out for the day, not before going to sleep.

The way the game is set up now you have to eat before you sleep to recover condition. I agree that rest is necessary for recovery in MOST cases. But not for hunger. I routinely go for 12+ hours from dinner to breakfast. But then when I eat I'm recovered I don't also need to rest more.

What I guess I'm asking is for recovery from hunger to not require sleeping.

thanks for your post! It has been passed on to the dev team

Interestingly enough while your fatigue will increase pretty rapidly if you don't eat, you can continue pretty normally for about 2-4 days (person dependent) without food (So perhaps in game this could be represented by fatigue going up by 1 step faster when low on calories?). And yes after that short time 1 large meal will top you up pretty well.

It's all about the stores you have. The human body stores a fair amount of energy in long term storage using this is more dependent on staying hydrated than anything else.

Archived