BRR Message

hozz1235

4 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Ideas as to what it means?  Who are "They"?  Who wrote this?  Why is this the only message of it's kind in TLD?

screen_fc72bb7b-ba33-4572-8353-da450590b4c6_hi.thumb.png.832a6a85c3b25f8cca5ea3e7d89c4e06.png

"They" are I assume wolves, and presumably it was written by a past survivor.

Not sure if it is the only message of it's kind in TLD, I'm sure there are others. I seem to remember a similar one written on a cargo container, maybe, at the Cannery in BI.

7 minutes ago, Levelgrinder said:

"They" are I assume wolves, and presumably it was written by a past survivor.

Not sure if it is the only message of it's kind in TLD, I'm sure there are others. I seem to remember a similar one written on a cargo container, maybe, at the Cannery in BI.

SS-BI-Cannery-Gatehouse.jpg.fe20aa4c0010ad873d1abd00c500758f.jpg

If memory serves, wasn't there a note or two that were left lying around that indicated that the wolves were affected by the bright white light emitted by the flash light?
One such note was in the control room on the desk before you jump outta the window onto the boat in Bleak Inlet.

• Upvote 2

There is something spraypainted on a trailer outside the cannery about wolves if I remember.  I think HL should change the BR message to be a spray paint rather than stenciled. When you are dying by wolf attacks and want to leave a message for fellow survivors I don't think you would stencil it.

When wintermute was released there was a small cutscene for this, which i think it was remove along the one where Will trips on a body and hits his head in the metal table, after that he faints and wake up during an aurora. Again not sure if it's still present today but as people said in this post, ''They'' refer not only for wolves but bears and maybe mooses aswell. During an aurora if you stay in that circe of light made by the street lamps all predators won't get past it, useful against predators if you're defenseless (i still haven't tested if it still works, but i think it should. Not sure about the moose tho.)

6 hours ago, A Lamp said:

During an aurora if you stay in that circe of light made by the street lamps all predators won't get past it, useful against predators if you're defenseless (i still haven't tested if it still works, but i think it should. Not sure about the moose tho.)

Once you test this, let us know the results! ;)

• Upvote 1

That's right, I forgot about the spray painting in BI (I knew someone would catch me on that if I were wrong! ;))

I also assumed the message referred to wolves.  Then again, it could be a message about a future expansion HL has planned for us - alien invasion!

2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Once you test this, let us know the results! ;)

Just did it, turns out they all hate the light, in some way or another.

Bears and normal wolfes just freeze near the circle.

Moose stands it ground and then runs away.

Timberwolfes have almost the same result as a normal wolf although if they or you get too close, they might bite.

3 minutes ago, A Lamp said:

Just did it, turns out they all hate the light, in some way or another.

Bears and normal wolfes just freeze near the circle.

Moose stands it ground and then runs away.

Timberwolfes have almost the same result as a normal wolf although if they or you get too close, they might bite.

Did you try shooting at them to see if it made a difference?

10 hours ago, A Lamp said:

When wintermute was released there was a small cutscene for this, which i think it was remove along the one where Will trips on a body and hits his head in the metal table, after that he faints and wake up during an aurora. Again not sure if it's still present today but as people said in this post, ''They'' refer not only for wolves but bears and maybe mooses aswell. During an aurora if you stay in that circe of light made by the street lamps all predators won't get past it, useful against predators if you're defenseless (i still haven't tested if it still works, but i think it should. Not sure about the moose tho.)

I dont believe that there is an aurora moose anywhere in the game.  neither story mode nor survival mode.  Nor are there any aurora deer for that matter.
It seems to only affect carnivores.  Although it would be awesome to see highly aggressive aurora bunnies come running after you to nip at your feet!

• Upvote 4