Building a permanent Homestead in the Long Dark

Survival mode is by far my favorite.  I like the freedom with no goals really other than staying alive.  Something I would LOVE to see is the option to build your very own homestead in whatever region you choose.  It would be cool to have to gather a a certain amount of woods, sticks, branches and materials in nature to build.  Also the option to plant your own garden would be cool.  Do you think this is something that could be included in the game in the future?  What are your thoughts? 

57 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

maybe on TLD 2 ?🙂

I hope so.  I really would love "stocking up for the winter", growing potatoes and root crops, stocking the root cellar, making jerky, and so on.  The customization for your home could be similar to that found in Skyrim.  I think that's a good model.

I can't see gardening ever being part of Long Dark until we see a summer season in a future TLD 2.  Discussions to the contrary notwithstanding, growing any sort of crop in -55C conditions is really pretty far-fetched.  Even the plants that naturally grow in places that cold pretty much shut down completely for that season.

Maybe if there's a centrally heated greenhouse some day, but that kind of defeats the feel of the game 😉

17 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

I hope so.  I really would love "stocking up for the winter", growing potatoes and root crops, stocking the root cellar, making jerky, and so on.  The customization for your home could be similar to that found in Skyrim.  I think that's a good model.

I can't see gardening ever being part of Long Dark until we see a summer season in a future TLD 2.  Discussions to the contrary notwithstanding, growing any sort of crop in -55C conditions is really pretty far-fetched.  Even the plants that naturally grow in places that cold pretty much shut down completely for that season.

Maybe if there's a centrally heated greenhouse some day, but that kind of defeats the feel of the game 😉

What if TLD 2 wasn't ice based but desert environment instead? A whole new concept to what most people are expecting  ! 

• Upvote 1