Mod Region: Forgotten Plateau

Jaspo

Forgotten Plateau

This isn't truly a mod region for The Long Dark, at least not yet, but in hopes that we will one day have a level editor for TLD, and also as a learning exercise, I've created an explorable region concept for The Long Dark in Unity, which can be downloaded here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bL6V4FBi9ZgJ-DIdgNLmm0NhVwVJ-OLH/view?usp=sharing

Forgotten Plateau is intended to be a difficult region, with sparse shelter and supplies, hostile wildlife, and disorienting geography, made slightly more forgiving only by its relatively small size.

Naturally, it also comes with a Whiteberry-style map, which has full spoilers so you might want to ignore it if you want the full experience of getting as lost as possible.

I might experiment with VR implementation in the future, but I make no promises.

PS. On the topic of white berries. Don't eat them. Likely to be either baneberry (cardiac arrest), poison ivy or poison sumac (every bit as toxic as you'd expect) or maybe dogwood or snowberry (gross and inedible)

FP1.jpg

FP2.jpg

FP3.jpg

Forgotten Plateau.png

• Like 2

This is a great concept @Jaspo!
The effort you have put in to this project is amazing.
I have taken a look through the file you have provided and was pleasantly surprised how fleshed out it was.

As @Lohaan mentioned before I come from a certain modding discord that focuses on creating as 'hinterland-like" mod regions as possible. 
You can see some of our DevLogs here: 

When looking through the images you have shared some of your ideas have more or less already made it into a region named Mountain Pass.
I was actually really shocked, the second image you posted looks straight out of a mock up of Mountain Pass.

I would love for you to drop by our discord and post your ideas there aswell if you can, we love to incorporate as much community ideas into our regions (without making it feel out of place of course.)

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/EVspXHdQP9

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...