Multi monitor bug finally killed me!

SenorFreebie

I'm not really sure if your problem is a game concern, or a system concern. Having three different resolutions at once with games that expand over the whole desktop doesn't work quite well. I suffered those things myself until i bought three identical monitors. Even 2 identical on the sides, and one bigger in the middle will work right, as long as the height of the resolutions match, but your setup...

He's not talking about spanning. I too have 3 monitors and go though the problem with it at times. I have to alt/enter a couple times to get the mouse focus fully in the game again. It's sort of strange as you can move around and such, but if you click the game minimizes to the task bar. I'm pretty sure it's started by hitting the windows key on accident when going for the control key. If they code in for it to ignore the windows key, it might help.

I'm not really sure if your problem is a game concern, or a system concern. Having three different resolutions at once with games that expand over the whole desktop doesn't work quite well. I suffered those things myself until i bought three identical monitors. Even 2 identical on the sides, and one bigger in the middle will work right, as long as the height of the resolutions match, but your setup...

You misunderstand, as JoseyWales pointed out. This is not about spanning. I use 3 monitors because this is my work computer.

He's not talking about spanning. I too have 3 monitors and go though the problem with it at times. I have to alt/enter a couple times to get the mouse focus fully in the game again. It's sort of strange as you can move around and such, but if you click the game minimizes to the task bar. I'm pretty sure it's started by hitting the windows key on accident when going for the control key. If they code in for it to ignore the windows key, it might help.

It's not caused by the windows key. I don't crouch much at all in the game and when I press that the start menu comes up.

I'm going to guess with that setup you're not playing with nVidia Surround or ATI EyeFinity. Simply using three desktops.

In this setup anytime the real mouse moves to another monitor and receives a click it will give focus to that monitor. Any fullscreen application on another monitor will get minimized.

As you move around using the mouse to turn you inevitably move the windows mouse cursor outside of the main monitor. As far as I know this is just how Windows deals with multiple monitors and fullscreen applications. I only get this effect when I'm playing a game on a regular desktop multi-monitor setup. Never on my nVidia Surround setup.

Also, I run 4 monitors total. 3 run in nVidia Surround at 5760x1080. The fourth is a cheap 1024x768 monitor I inherited that I place maps and wikis and stuff on. If I maneuver my mouse to this fourth monitor, which is a second desktop, and click, TLD in my Surround view will get minimized.

The simplest solution is to disable your conflicting monitors before booting the game. I have a few games that I have to adjust my multi-monitor setup. It's just part of having a triple display.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Please don't bump old posts - We don't officially support multiple monitors, so we don't offer a way to move the hud. It would be considered a mod, which is something we ask people to refrain from discussing in the official forums as we don't currently offer mod support. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived