Flare keeping wolf away (As Designed)


clell

Recommended Posts

I carefully made sure that wolves keep their distance when holding a flare and searching a container (dead deer, first aid box, corpse). It seems that the wolves do stay away but have twice had an attack while searching (maybe the difference is that they don't attack when i get to the container menu quickly but do attack when there was an extended search time). The last time it was a corpse (can't remember the first time). Should the flare keep them away all the time or is it random?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are some elements of randomness to the wolf behavior regarding flares:

* Wolves can be held at bay with a flare, but not indefinitely. After about 30 seconds there is a chance the wolf may decide to attack (currently tuned to 50%), otherwise it will flee.

* If you get too close to a wolf with a flare (currently 10 meters), then there is a 75% the chance the wolf will attack (25% wolf will flee). This is the "fight or flight" range for the wolf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.