What Does Aim Assist Do?

Pencil

When you reach level 4 in Revolver skill, one of the buffs is minor aim assist. On level 5, the aim assist is moderate. What does this do? I don't notice a difference with or without the aim assist. Is this a setting that must be turned on, or is it hardly noticeable? 

• Upvote 1

I suspect the random spread isn't as wide with the skill. Most noticeable when shooting things on distance.
Personally I prefer to wait til I can watch the wolf in the sclera before I take the shot. (Just moments before the wolf jumps at me after charging). It's almost a guaranteed one-shot that way. With the risk of engaging in a death-struggle with the wolf of course. In this case this skill/bonus wouldn't help much anyway.

I guess one could be safer and be more accurate on longer distance with this skill/bonus.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2021 at 5:03 PM, Pencil said:

When you reach level 4 in Revolver skill, one of the buffs is minor aim assist. On level 5, the aim assist is moderate. What does this do? I don't notice a difference with or without the aim assist. Is this a setting that must be turned on, or is it hardly noticeable? 

When you initially aim with the revolver, your character will lock onto the animal for a brief moment and aim the revolver's sights over them. You have to hover the cursor extremely close to them and then aim, and at level 4, you can barely see it. At level 5: it's a little better and lenient. You can especially see it if you aim the revolver at a charging wolf, and the slight flick of the camera when you aim.

Hope this helps. It's likely meant for moments when your panicked, and just need to quickly aim and shoot without thinking.

Edited by Smellyfries
Clarifying.

• 1 month later...

It took awhile, but it was worth the read just for the information alone. As someone who has no controller experience what-so-ever, I appreciate the concrete explanation regarding what AA is and how it impacts players within the Apex sphere. On top of that, AA isn't just as simple as being a player-tracker (beam machine). Your analysis provides a specific unbiased look at how the system functions, which will hopefully elevate everyone's own personal arguments.

kodi