Wishlist: Cook+Eat, book names, markers, moving bodies

darishante

A newcomer here, just survived my sixth day, here's my thoughts:

The game captures the feel of being all by myself in an unforgiving environment perfectly. I haven't looked at any tutorials or instructions, I've just done what feels natural and right, and thus far I seem to be surviving all right. TLD seems to hit the sweet spot; I don't feel invulnerable, but neither do I feel I have to micromanage everything and that if it was me out there instead of a video game character things would go better. (I do miss the ability to climb things just a teeeeny bit, but not enough to break my immersion.) I love the game and definitely feel I've spent my money well thus far.

Some fairly simple improvements I'd like to see:

* Slight interface additions. Somebody mentioned having a "cook & eat" button at the fires - a world of yes to this. Also, I'd like to be able to wear & take off clothes by double-clicking on them in my inventory. I have no idea if the game cares whether I wear my boots to bed, but it's barbaric and I'm not going to do it.

* The ability to leave flags or other markers to show where you've been. I guess you could just drop flares, but how about being able to leave decals on walls? Considering that everything in the game looks a bit samey due to texture limitations, I'd like to be able to mark some spots.

* Individuality for books. No real game-effect required (no skill increases due to reading), but murdering a book in a fire is terrible, and I'd like to drive the point home by having the books be actual books. So instead of just burning some paper, I'd be destroying the Sitkine Region Telephone Directory 1990, or 50 Shades of Grey, or The Collected Works of William Shakespeare.

* Moving bodies, at least ones that aren't frozen. At the very least I'd like to be able to drag any corpses outside from the cabins. Maybe even bury them.

(Wonder how many of those features are already implemented in the game, and I just haven't figured them out?)

First welcome in the community!

I have no idea if the game cares whether I wear my boots to bed, but it's barbaric and I'm not going to do it.

So instead of just burning some paper, I'd be destroying the Sitkine Region Telephone Directory 1990, or 50 Shades of Grey, or The Collected Works of William Shakespeare.

* Moving bodies, at least ones that aren't frozen. At the very least I'd like to be able to drag any corpses outside from the cabins. Maybe even bury them.

(Wonder how many of those features are already implemented in the game, and I just haven't figured them out?)

+1

You gave a proper feedback, you use understandable form of communication, there are clues in your post that you used the search function of the forum, and seems like you may have a good sense of humor too.

Ladies and gentleman, we have another useful survivor here.

Here is a pack of coffee for you, please keep up the good work!

Here is a pack of coffee for you, please keep up the good work!

If only I'd put it in the correct section (Wishlist) it would have been even better. Oh well, live and learn. Or get eaten by a wolf and not learn, as the case may be.

(Thanks for the kind words!)

If only I'd put it in the correct section (Wishlist) it would have been even better. Oh well, live and learn. Or get eaten by a wolf and not learn, as the case may be.

You're fired!

Just kidding. It's not a big deal at all, but I'll move this over to the Wishlist forum, and we'll pretend like it was there all along ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

Archived