As the saying here goes: "Cranky as a bear...

ilenisaatio

...shot in the rear."

Was playing my Nth time on Voyageur and had ended up in Mountain Town (again). I only had a revolver (hadn't got to making arrows for the bow yet) and my rifle was stored in Milton as I like to go light most of the time, so I kept dodging the bear at Spruce Falls. One time I was sneaking by the bear, which was sleeping by it's cave, and suddenly I stopped. I looked at the car nearby, my revolver and the bear... and went by the car and shot three shots at the sleeping bear, straight in the rear. Aaaand yeah, our local saying also works in TLD.

I kept jumping in and out of the car, reloading while inside, until the bear ran away. I thought it'd bleed dry somewhere and headed back to the trailer.As I came to the slope on the trailer side of the brideg, the bear came from behind the rock and I had no time to do anything except get off two more shots in it's face and then got the fun experience of being bashed around by a bear again. So I staggered back to the trailer, healed up for two days and fixed my clothes. Being cranky myself now, more AT myself for being cocky, I went to get my rifle to put an end to this. Got the gun, approached the bridge... and saw crows circling from afar. Apparently the bear gave up after getting it's revenge on me. IT had gotten about 25-30m from where had mauled me and dropped there.

Kinda felt sorry for it and held a memorial bonfire through the night for it without passing time or sleeping. Just staring at the fire and remembering those that have passed on. A memorable experience.

• Like 1

Guest jeffpeng

The takeaway here is that shooting an oversized behindus with small caliber ammunition will definitely make things worse before they get better.