Your favourite tld mods?

Catlover

I'm hoping this is allowed in this topic, just lmk if it isn't.

Title kind of says it all. So, I've been wanting to get some mods, namely the place anywhere so I can decorate my bases, but I was wondering what everyone's favourite mod is, asking those who have mods of course. 

I've never used mods before, admittedly, and I have no idea what mods are 'safe' to download or whatever, so I thought I'd look into everyone's favourite ones, mods they use the most, etc as I'm sure there are loads of good mods that I've never even heard of

So yeah, what's everyone's favourite mods/ones that you'd recommend? Thank you!

Hey there!

Glad you are interested in modding. There are a lot of great mods out there but the ones I enjoy are some of the more simplistic ones like the FoodPack or IncreaseSaveSlot.

I also really enjoy the mod regions, they aren't out to the public yet but it is for sure something that is near and dear to me.

The Long Development is a small team project and a collaborative community effort to expand Great Bear Island in a beautiful and balanced way. We are focusing on creating as 'hinterland-like' regions as possible to ensure that they can fit in the vanilla game and not feel out of place. That means we will not be out to make the perfect base locations, but rather the most balanced locations.

We consist of a couple core team members that all bring their own talent to the project. The variety of work that each person brings allows this mod to be as expansive and unique as it is, featuring brand new regions that connect to the larger world of Great Bear filled with custom 3D modeled structures to really make these regions stand out in their own ways. Last but not least is (as of now) 10 minutes of new music that not only fits the region's feelings, but also fits in seamlessly with the rest of the great tracks featured in survival mode.

You can check out some of the sneak peeks and DevLogs on their discord server here: https://discord.gg/EVspXHdQP9

If you are concerned about safety, I guarantee you that any mods found on: https://xpazeman.com/tld-mod-list/ are safe. Xpaze is a large member of the modding community and any files on there are completely trusted and hand placed on there by him. It also has a legend to show you what is working on the current version of TLD and what isn't. 

If you would like to know how to go about modding and need instructions, or just want to ask questions, there is an official modding discord here: https://discord.gg/2mnXAZfGXQ that would love to help you out.

See you around,
Kai.

@KaiGamez Thank you so much! I'm relieved to know that the mods are indeed safe and thanks for the link! 

I'm not sure how to get mods but I found another thread where someone talked about installing them, and I think I'll be able to figure it out, though I appreciate the discord link.

And I'll look into those mods, as I've been hoping that there are ones that have more food items.

And I'm looking forward to the mod regions coming out as I read a thread about them on this forum page and they sound really interesting. It's hard to believe that they aren't being made by the hinterland team as its hard to tell the difference between those and the original maps. They sound so good and I can't wait for the release.

Again, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So @Catloverhave you had a chance to check out  https://xpazeman.com/tld-mod-list/   for augmenting your own game?

I currently use a quite a few to "enhance my game" but there are so many nifty mods to choose from.  Besides the mandatory utility mods that make things work smoothly, my favorite mods are as follows:
remember breakdown item - you dont have to select the item each time you perform an action
place anywhere - allows you to better manipulate moveable objects in the game
place from inventory - don't have to drop stuff anymore in order to place them
free look in cars - now you can look out the back window when your hiding in a car from predators
food pack - a great assortment of food items, want cookies and hot cocoa while it's snowing outside?  
house basements - adds a basement to some of the cabins in the game
northfolk clothing pack - omg, I am so stylish in my bear skin leggings and wolf skin cap!  I do a little dance on the catwalk...
alcohol mod - omg, this by far is like the best drunk simulator ever!  drink beer, wine and vodka and stumble about like a drunken sailor!  cheers!

there are so many others equally well deserving of mention but these are my favorites so far.  I checked the list today and holy moley, so many new items listed
and so many updated it's like christmas all over again!

@piddy3825Yes I've checked the website out, though I'm not sure if I'll bother with mods. You need to install this melon thing first and then this thing before you install the melon thing. And apparently some mods also require more things being installed. They seem to require a lot of additional things being downloaded to my pc.

Mods seem brilliant and I'd love to add them to my game, though it just seems like a lot of work and as someone who is far from a tech genius, it's probably best that I just play the game how it is. 

Everyone's favourite mods sound great though, and @hozz1235what's sonic mode? Does it just increase walking speed?

23 minutes ago, Catlover said:

Mods seem brilliant and I'd love to add them to my game, though it just seems like a lot of work and as someone who is far from a tech genius, it's probably best that I just play the game how it is. 

There is some work upfront, but after that, they're pretty much maintenance-free (except updating them as newer versions come out).

image.thumb.png.8de7a3a66539346a1b6a4c3d33e438b8.png

48 minutes ago, Catlover said:

... And apparently some mods also require more things being installed. They seem to require a lot of additional things being downloaded to my pc.

I can certainly understand and respect your reluctance if you are concerned about potentially downloading viruses,malware or spyware into your pc.  
Caution is commendable when downloading questionable items from potentially nefarious websites but rest assured that is not the case here.  I don't think Hinterland would knowingly align themselves or expose the community to any group who had malicious intentions.  

That being said, honestly it only seems difficult but the process is fairly easy.  you dont have to be a tech genius to enjoy the use of mods.  the only "tech" skill you really need is where to find your game's folder so you download and install the loader and the mod files into their appropriate folder.  Plenty of youtube tutorials on how to do it.  plus, with the help of our fantastic community of gamers and now recognized mod makers,  you have some of the best minds in the industry who are ready, willing and able to help you!  

• Upvote 1

@piddy3825 

I hadn't thought of YouTube tutorials. I know there is a discord to help, but as I don't have it then unfortunately I can't access help that way. However tutorials could be helpful. Maybe I'll look at tutorials first, as it might not be as complicated to install everything as it seems, before deciding whether or not to install mods. 

And yes, admittedly I am wary of malware and viruses being transmitted as the pc I use is shared. Though if none of the players here have experienced issues, I'm hoping it will be fine. 

@hozz1235That's true. I'm hoping it won't be too hard to install the mod software and after that it will be pretty easy

Edited by Catlover