Paradise Meadow's key missing?

Old Hermit

5 minutes ago, BigWill079 said:

Yeah, there's a body there, grabbed the key too. Just what the hell is up with my main save?

Sounds like it might not work for existing saves but as I said without trying several new ones it's hard to tell.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BigWill079 said:

Yeah, there's a body there, grabbed the key too. Just what the hell is up with my main save?

You could start a support ticket (report a bug).  HL is quite good at responding and they may even ask you to send them a copy of your file save.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigWill079 said:

Sent in a report. I'm telling you, I'd hate to go through all this trouble only to not get a rifle outta that damn house, but I digress. I hope they're not long.

I don't know what difficulty you're on but I hardly ever get the rifle there on pilgrim.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nicolas said:

Yay! This seems to be fixed on the new update!

I found the key on a corpse located inside the barn next to the tractor.

I found one there the other day and I haven't updated. But glad you found it though🙂

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Ran a quick custom test run starting in Mountain Town.  Ran to Paradise Meadows and confirmed existence of corpse in barn, but did not search for the key on the corpse... instead confirmed that the key was not located either on the floor of the tractor or on the dash of the pickup truck.  Went back to town and entered a buillding and then returned to Paradise Meadows Farm.  The corpse was still there (i.e. it had not despawned as was the case before the update) and the key was found on that corpse as expected.  I should probably run a few for tests, but I'm actually confident based on this one that the problem has been fixed at least on new files. 

Unfortunately, I don't have an old save that had that corpse despawn with the key still on him to test it out ( having scrapped those runs a long time ago).  Keep in mind that, even before the update, the corpse and key could be found as long as the player had not entered any buildings in Mountain Town prior to going to Paradise Meadows Farm... which was how I had worked around in on my pre-update saves.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, James Hickok said:

I know i have the same issue on xbox with my current run. Ill have to go there to have a look again. If i still dont find it I guess ill send a ticket.

I'm on Xbox and I've found it on my last two runs, after updating. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/2/2022 at 1:23 PM, Leeanda said:

I'm on Xbox and I've found it on my last two runs, after updating. 

Xbox as well. Maybe i was there before the update.... ill finish my 100 days in PV and go settle in Milton for next 100 days. Hope i find the key bcoz this is where i wanted my base.

2 hours ago, James Hickok said:

Xbox as well. Maybe i was there before the update.... ill finish my 100 days in PV and go settle in Milton for next 100 days. Hope i find the key bcoz this is where i wanted my base.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 1:32 PM, Leeanda said:

Good luck!

Oh luck will be needed. The game almost killed me 3 times this weekend dang. And im on day 65 in PV (250 overall) soo still days to go.

I had an aurora wolf attack me and almost killed me ( my fault i was messing with it)

Had a blizzard struck while i was gathering deer meat (Was very very lucky to find my way back in the farmers house)

Was climbing a hill towards passage to Timber Wolf Mountain and on the other side of the slope i met a bear and got mauled (didnt hear the darn bear).

Anyway got all of this on video so ill post it soon for You to see.

Glad to be alive tho but will have to be more carefull. More humble.

Edited by James Hickok
  • Upvote 1

Just now, James Hickok said:

Oh luck will be needed. The game almost killed me 3 times this weekend dang. And im on day 65 in PV (250 overall) soo still days to go.

I had an aurora wolf attack me and almost killed me ( my fault i was messing with it)

Had a blizzard struck while i was gathering deer meat (Was very very lucky to find my way back in the farmers house)

Was climbing a hill towards passage to Timber Wolf Mountain and on the other side of the slope i met a bear and got mauled (didnt hear the darn bear).

Anyway got all of this on video so ill post it soon for You to see.

Glad to be alive tho but will have to be more carefull. More humble.

Messing with an aurora wolf? That I have to see 😊.  

Practice makes perfect so don't give up🤞

• Upvote 1

So i checked all the locations again and no key. Started a new custom game in Milton and the key was in the truck. Guess the old save that i had is bugged - nothing to worry now: I accidentally killed myslef yesterday on day 300 ....... I was carried away looting/crushing boxes at plane crash (Milton where Wintermute begins) and didnt went to cave to warm up. After i opened 4th box i froze to death....... was sooooo mad at first. Again stupid death.

BUT

I was pissed that i couldnt get to the meadows farm anyway and i found 2nd pair of underpants but they were already broken. So i had one more save from past (Loper Astrid day 11 bow crafted) but i decided to make a new one (the old save was probably bugged as well with the key) and finished yesterday on day 9 Astrid with tools made and arrowheads. Crafting bow today - Oh i found 2 x underpants in PV plane crash site this time so i got 3 of em now - crazy RNG. Its the first time i will have both underpants slots used.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, James Hickok said:

So i checked all the locations again and no key. Started a new custom game in Milton and the key was in the truck. Guess the old save that i had is bugged - nothing to worry now: I accidentally killed myslef yesterday on day 300 ....... I was carried away looting/crushing boxes at plane crash (Milton where Wintermute begins) and didnt went to cave to warm up. After i opened 4th box i froze to death....... was sooooo mad at first. Again stupid death.

BUT

I was pissed that i couldnt get to the meadows farm anyway and i found 2nd pair of underpants but they were already broken. So i had one more save from past (Loper Astrid day 11 bow crafted) but i decided to make a new one (the old save was probably bugged as well with the key) and finished yesterday on day 9 Astrid with tools made and arrowheads. Crafting bow today - Oh i found 2 x underpants in PV plane crash site this time so i got 3 of em now - crazy RNG. Its the first time i will have both underpants slots used.

Sorry your old save was bugged, it can be really frustrating. 

Good luck in the new run😊👍

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

SO about 600 days in on Pilgrim, just thought I would wonder back to Paradise Farm and try and find the elusive key that I couldn't find on first visit. Nope, nope, nopety nope. Definitely no key. HL are usually pretty good at glitch fixing but this Xbox One glitch is still there. It does feel like you are just missing something after checking the Tractor floor, the corpses and the Truck Dash for the 10th time just in case it is actually there?£$?!!

Please please please HL get this sorted its been around a long time now. I am one of your original purchasers I know you can do this before the new paid for version comes out on Xbox in Feb 2023. I wont buy it unless you fix this.

Well of course I will but such a vehement threat is just bound to get you to sort it out I am sure.

Happy hunting ALL.

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:12 AM, Tarot Man said:

SO about 600 days in on Pilgrim, just thought I would wonder back to Paradise Farm and try and find the elusive key that I couldn't find on first visit. Nope, nope, nopety nope. Definitely no key. HL are usually pretty good at glitch fixing but this Xbox One glitch is still there. It does feel like you are just missing something after checking the Tractor floor, the corpses and the Truck Dash for the 10th time just in case it is actually there?£$?!!

Please please please HL get this sorted its been around a long time now. I am one of your original purchasers I know you can do this before the new paid for version comes out on Xbox in Feb 2023. I wont buy it unless you fix this.

Well of course I will but such a vehement threat is just bound to get you to sort it out I am sure.

Happy hunting ALL.

Thank you for reaching out! 

We can confirm that we did fix this issue, but there have been a couple of cases where the key still isn't available for folks. This should be easy to remedy. If possible, file a ticket via our Support Portal and we would be happy to fix this for you. We sincerely appreciate your patience.